1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP PLEASE

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by DaveTop, May 10, 2007.

1. DaveTop

DaveTop Member

Bought a nokia dbox2 couple months back and its knackered.....
    when i installed it initially it wouldnt pick up channnels so i came on here and came to conclusion that it needed re flashing so i done my research (obviously not enough) got lead and set about trying to do it
    went through various guides on how to do it thought i had then turned off box as advised left for few minutes and nowt. well i say nowt the led lights up says "lade" at bottom then after 10-15 seconds it just goes blank
    any help appreciated or better still anyon know anywhere in northwest where i can get someone else to set it up for me my patience is running out with this damn machine
    have tried reflashing again today to no avail
    yours in appreciation
    dave toppo

2. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Read a IFA guide and flash the box with a UK modded image via IFA.

3. bigdunc

bigdunc Regular member

As MGB 17 says needs to be reflashed with ifa not a prob realy all you need is a cross over cable any thing else i can pot you with instructions how to get up and running again .Ime in liverpool thats north west but its a big place ....Lets know if you need out .........Paul

4. DaveTop

DaveTop Member

well tried that route and whether its me or the box we failed....
    almost chucked out of window
    any more suggestions most welcome

5. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

You have to use IFA and without error messages nobody can help.
    A additional nullmodem cable is not bad for flashing with IFA.

6. bigdunc

bigdunc Regular member

How have you been doinit Dave connect your cross over cable from pc to D box Knock all firewalls off run your program select image Ok . Warning you are about to flash . MAKE SURE YOUR BOX IS SWITCHED OFF AT THE WALL AT THIS POINT. Click ok and turn your box back on at the wall It will say FLASHING within 5 to 10 secs if it starts to boot Its to late just knock it off at the wall and back on again repeat thi untill it does say FLASHING ive sat with boxes for an hour doing this but it will go in the end . When it says flashing done switch box off att the wall close ifa or it will try to flash again Lets know how you get on mate .............Paul

7. GARYEDGE

GARYEDGE Regular member

big dunc where are you in liverpool you might come in handy if i ever get stuck im in bootle.

8. bigdunc

bigdunc Regular member

Am workin right next to the Giro now but live in HUYTON SEe you soon pal..Paul