1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Please

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by desmet9, Nov 29, 2007.

1. desmet9

desmet9 Regular member

Yeah I was just wondering if this xfps 360 thing could work even if i did not have a wired controller. All i have is two wireless controllers both with play and charge kits and two guitar hero controllers, one wired one not. I just dont want to spend 90 bucks and not be able to use this godsend of a device. I never liked playing halo 3 with the controller or any fps with a controller i like my mouse and keyboard. So anyone with this could i use my play and charge kit and make it a "usb controller" to work with this xfps 360 pro or not. Also how does the configuring work and if i turn off my xbox does the xfps 360 pro remember my settings.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

your best bet is to use the wireless controller with the PC, they will work great> i am not sure that the wired one will even work or be recognized by windows.
    http://www.compusa.com/products/pro...1&D=xbox+wireless&Ntk=All&product_code=345168
    just get that which is only $15 and your wireless controller will work perfectly with your PC. I have no idea if that is Vista compatible just in case you have Vista. But i know it works just fine with XP.

make sure you READ THE INSTRUCTIONS! you have to press the button on the controller and that device to initialize them, just like you did with your console, in order for it to work. Then you have to do that again with the console when you want to use it on that. In simple terms you need to initialize the controller with the device you are using it with each time you change.

3. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

The XFPS Pro has been discontinued. It's been replaced by the XFPS Sniper. And you do have to use a wired controller. The charge kit only gives the controller power.

Because the XFPS is not officially licensed by MS, it will not work on it's own on the 360. It need to "pass through" the wired controller to be used.