1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help please

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by jonny92, Jan 13, 2008.

1. jonny92

jonny92 Member

hi new to this forum ive searched everywere cant find my answer. Ive just got a starview 2 the box and ive been having probs with movie sticking sometimes and now ive lost celtic and rangers tv.I live in wigan t w area api ver is 4.54e_E boot ver 7.0 15 oct 07 if that helps.I can nevr get motot]rs tv to and epg is crap any help please thanks so much its a great site this

2. 89help89

89help89 Member

is it a real or cloned box (count the vents on the top) and tell me what side the scart is on from the back of the box view

3. jonny92

jonny92 Member

hi there thanks for getting back to me its a real one not a clone the scarts are on the left looking at the back

4. 89help89

89help89 Member

you'll prob just have to factory reset the box then scan all the channels again. make sure the emu is on.

5. jonny92

jonny92 Member

thanks for your help do you think that will work even fix the epg dont want go through all that and everything be the same thanku

6. jonny92

jonny92 Member

can anyone tell me the t w codes for wigan area to manual scan to add the channels im missing please not sure how you do it so a bit of help to thanku

7. cactikid

cactikid Active member

if u factory reset and autoscan and emu to on it should bring back all stations that had moved and update codes

8. jonny92

jonny92 Member

thanks so much is there any way of saving my channel order and fav so i dont need do all that again slow goin thanks so much

9. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

You can save your channel order , favs etc to you PC

You will need a null modem cable DB9F to DB9F.

Null Modem Cable

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?criteria=L71BT&DOY=2m6

If your pc does not have a serial port you will need a USB to serial port adapter to use in conjunction with the null modem cable.

USB Adapter info

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx...t10&doy=search&MenuName=USB to Serial Adaptor

These two cable links are only for reference as they can be purchased alot cheaper on fleabay.

10. jonny92

jonny92 Member

thanks for reply i have the correct cable usb to a null im just not sure how do it all is there a demo or talk through thankyou so much for all your time and help