1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Pls!!! On PS2 DVD Backups.

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by SUBZERO18, Nov 29, 2004.

1. SUBZERO18

SUBZERO18 Member

Hi all, Im new to these forums and been reading but havn't found a solution. I baught a Slide Card and did all the steps and figured out how to make Backups of my PS2 Titles which are CD's. But I have a problem Backing up the DVD titles. I tried Maxell DVD+RW and that didn't seem to work with DVD Decryptor and Alcohol 120%. Then I read on and found that Fuji DVD-R works and that the media has to me DVD-R and so on....I read on and ordered some Ridata DVD-R GO4's because I heard they worked good. So what I do is in Alcohol make the image and save it and burn it as PS2. In Decryptor I read it save it and burn it as ISO. Am I doing something wrong? Is it the media? I know how to use the slide card but the screen is red, meaning it wont read it ever. Somone pls help me. Could it be that I need the new Disk ID Utility or the Disk ID Inserter? BTW can someone pls send me that I don't have the patience to wait 5 days for ps2owns.com Pls someone help me out. Thx

2. SUBZERO18

SUBZERO18 Member

Anyone pls! Help me

3. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

4. SUBZERO18

SUBZERO18 Member

Actually Im trying to back up my games that are online for example like MK:Deception but I heard they need DNAS and Im waiting for PS2OWNS.com to download the Disk ID Utility, Disk ID patcher etc. But now im not using the slide card to close my Ps2 I actually don't have the flip top I do it the way The instructions say and it works for CDR PS2 Titles I own, but not the DVD ones. Can you if you don't mind explain to me how the DNAS patching works etc and why I might need the CD Loader. Thanks

5. SUBZERO18

SUBZERO18 Member

Whats the SMD, and the DVDLoader? What do they do?

6. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

smd = swap magic disc
    click the link, dvd loader lets you play those games

So what boot disc are you using?

7. SUBZERO18

SUBZERO18 Member

The only things I have are the "SMD" Thx for informing me on that DVD Version 2.0 USA Build, SMD3.0 CD Version. I have as of at the moment only Maxell DVD+RW and Fuji DVD-R. Don't know if thats what you mean by boot disks but, Im a little new to this stuff. =S

8. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

ok, i just wasn't sure if you had the swap magic discs or not.

What exact steps are you doing to try to load dvd backup games?

9. SUBZERO18

SUBZERO18 Member

I don't see the link, DVDLoader?

10. SUBZERO18

SUBZERO18 Member

To load simply try and load it I first insert the SMD DVD Version because it is a PS2 DVD Backup then, when it says insert disk i insert my slide card and slid it to the right. That opens up my tray. I simply Swap the disk from the DVD SMD to my PS2 DVD Backup then close the drive and put the slide card again sliding it to the right. This time hooking the "thingy" don't know what its called, but slowly moving it to the left all the way closing the drive. Lastly I push X to "supposably play the Backup copy" but the border then turns redish pinkish and i believe that means it will never read it. I must be burning wrong.

11. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

ok, sounds right. are you still using +rw media?

12. cuteperv

cuteperv Regular member

Here is the entire process of backing up a dvd game by using DVD Decrypter.
    1) Launche dvd decrypter, Clik on mode>ISO>Read.
    2) Choose a location for ur file, then click decrypt
    3) Launch DVD Decrypter, click mode>ISO>Write
    4) Select the DMS file (created by dvd decrypter at the location you selected in step1). click OK
    5) Try to burn at 1x speed, or 2x if 1x is not possible with your dvd burner.
    6) CLick Write. Ur done.

13. SUBZERO18

SUBZERO18 Member

Actually no I trid +RW media and read it don't work well so i baught Fuji DVD-R media and still it don't boot up my screen when i push X to load the back up turns Redish Pink. I used DVD Decryptor the way said and? It doesn't boot. I even tried Alcohol 120%. I burned at 4X and it didn't work so I then tried 2X? Do I have to change any specific setups in DVD Decryptor? Someone mentioned something about CD/DVDLoader? Anyone have a clue of a place I can get it other than PS2Owns.com

14. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

i gave you a link for cd loader and what games need it in my very first reply.

15. SUBZERO18

SUBZERO18 Member

There is no link there? =S at least i don't see it. Btw do I need to burn these every single time "CDLoader" for everygame that needs it or do u just like burn it once? No clue? Can you clear that up a little. Can it be the DNAS not letting me play?

16. SUBZERO18

SUBZERO18 Member

There is no link there? =S at least i don't see it. Btw do I need to burn these every single time "CDLoader" for everygame that needs it or do u just like burn it once? No clue? Can you clear that up a little. Can it be the DNAS not letting me play?

17. SUBZERO18

SUBZERO18 Member

Lol I see it you meant the site www.swapmagicfix.com My mistake

18. SUBZERO18

SUBZERO18 Member

Can you clear this up for me pls. Okay, I backed up a DVD Rom Ps2 Title. Do I use the SMD DVD version or the plain CD SMD version?

19. SUBZERO18

SUBZERO18 Member

Ok the game im trying to Backup is not listed the the swapmagicfix.com list so why doesn't it load?

20. SUBZERO18

SUBZERO18 Member

How do I burn the CD Loader to a Cd-R