1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help PLZ reply.

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by ArmittD, Sep 5, 2007.

1. ArmittD

ArmittD Member

Hey everyone, look i use WinAVI to convert my AVI files to DVD but when i was converting the latest season of balls of steel, it made 2 discs. I thought about it and came up with a idea to get it into one dvd and shrink the files with DVD shrink, but i dont know how to get the 8 files onto one disc. PLZ help

2. Tare69

Tare69 Member

You must do DVD image (.ISO) to your harddrive and don't scare if it is too big for DVD (DL or normal). Then you select image to strink it so many times when it will be small enaught to fit in your DVD-disk type what you want to use.

- Tare69

3. ArmittD

ArmittD Member

just to re-instate what im talking about, i have 7, 300MB files i convert them to dvd usinng winAVI. But it makes 2 4.37GB folders with audio_TS and VIDEO_TS in them. So they are NOT ISO's. Thats my question. I want it just to be ONE SET OF FILES

4. Tare69

Tare69 Member

Okei... You mean that you have DVD:s... I have no idea how you can get files to one DVD. Nearest think what I think (but this is not what you want or not) is shanging WinAVI DVD size much bigger or over what it can do so all files are in one folder then. I haven't use WinAVI so I dont know if it is possible.

5. joe777

joe777 Member

Use a prog called TMPGE Dvd Author( or any other authoring prog). Load the 2 sets of video files and re-author the files to make 1. Then you can shrink the 1 file. But beware that the resulting quality will be greatly reduced, shrinking from 8gigs to 4 gigs will result maybe in un-watchable material. Dvd Shrink is ok for roughly a max of 20% shrink but thats about it. If you want to shrink that much then you should re-encode the single file to reduce the data and keep as much quality as possible. Check this link out and give it a go

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/dvd_rebuilder_tutorial.cfm