1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help plz!!!! What's up with my dvd loader

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Joe88, Jan 9, 2005.

1. Joe88

Joe88 Member

Ok i downloaded DVDloaderv7 because i have dvd versions of Ratchet and Clank 3 and Jak3 and GTA San Andres but the don't work. Ratchet loads but i just get a black screen, Jak 3 i get a red boarder, and gta gets stuck at the loading screen. I have Swap magic 3(cd)/2(dvd). I read that you need dvdloader so i got that and burned the .iso file on a cd and did the process where u put in the swap magic cd version then put in the cd with the dvdloader in it but i get a red boarder. What's wrong? Anybody know what i should do?

2. chrisosx

chrisosx Regular member

burnt the loader to a DVD like it says DVDLoader and boot it up with the SMD DVD Booter. Then it will tell you instructions on what to do. The EA Method when it says is the swap tool or flip top or just basically swaping the disc. I had ratchet and clank and it didn't work with normal boot of SMD. So i got the dvd loader and it worked like a dream!

3. r0c0

r0c0 Guest

jak 3 and san andreas dont require dvdloader , so ure backup should start after u swapped SM DVD 2.0 ( at least they work fine for me). look at www.swapmagicfix.com

I have a back up of ESPN NHL 2005 and i also need dvdloader to get it work.(found out myself)...It is not listed at swapmagicfix.com
    Does anybody had the same thing with espn nhl 2005 ??

4. chrisosx

chrisosx Regular member

yea but i needed a DVD Loader for Ratchet and Clank.. i wuold just load a DVD Loader for any game that has a black screen.

5. r0c0

r0c0 Guest

yep , thats how i found out espn nhl 2005 needed dvdloader :p

6. chrisosx

chrisosx Regular member

7. Joe88

Joe88 Member

but what do u need to do to burn dvdloader to a cd, i saw that u could? and with san andres and ratchet what exactally do u do to get them to load. gta works fine till it gets to the part were it plays the music and loads then never goes to the main menu

8. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

cd loader = burn to cd
    dvd loader = burn to dvd

what brand media did you burn gta on?

9. Joe88

Joe88 Member

maxell dvds. so if i put cdloader on a cd i can play dvds?

10. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

11. Joe88

Joe88 Member

ok i tried burning the cd loader and cog thing but they don't i always get an error. I have nero 6. also how do i burn these things and make them work with alcohol 120. I can't burn my utopia boot for dreamcast neither. i tried following the instructions on that site but it just doesnt work

12. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

what error

13. Joe88

Joe88 Member

failed copy. do u know what process i need to do to burn this stuff and what i need to do to the file if nessary? oh a gta did load up but then went to a black screen, i pressed select at the insert disc screen on swap magic oh and thanks for replying and helping me out

14. Joe88

Joe88 Member

ok, this is all i need to know. How do i burn utopia for dreamcast and cd loader using either alcohol 120 and/or nero 6? Will cd loader allow me to play dvd versions of games since i dont have a dvd burner to burn dvdloader. Cause all i want to do is play my gta and ratchet because they just have to go and black screen on me. Thanks for any help u give

15. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

yes, cd loader can load dvds, but it probably wont help with gta. You unzip it and burn the cue.

16. Joe88

Joe88 Member

so thats it? i don't need to set anything and is alcohol 120 better then nero 6?

17. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

no, just select burn image (thats what it is).

18. CoorsLite

CoorsLite Guest

need help with cd loader i have a game called Paince of Persia warrior withmin 2. when i load it up with cd loader it says invild disk. i don't know if i have to download another cd loader or what. almost forget and this game to Mega Man X8 i thought cd loader boots up any game

19. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

your not doing it right. what steps are you using?