1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help plz.............

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by bsapp, Feb 2, 2007.

1. bsapp

bsapp Member

i have revolver a guy ritchie film its region 2 they dont sell it in america i bought it online and i cant watch it on my tv.......... so burned it in dvd shrink

now i can wtch it in my comp but not in my tv i have it saved to my comp...... it says in my dvd player no playback feature on this disk in ps2 tv system does not match so how can i burn it now so i can watch it on my tv.........

note i have....................

img burn
    dvd dcrypot
    rip it 4 me
    fixvts
    shrink

but at the time all i had was sonic and shrink.....

please tell me a sure way i can burn this because i waasted like 5 disks on this all ready and i only have 2 left...........

2. kitty66

kitty66 Regular member

OK, you have ripit4me and that is good. It updated a few days ago again. Do you have version 1.6.7.0? If not go to www.ripit4me.org and update. I advise the installer file as well. It will put the programs pointers in the right place for you. DO make sure you have DVDShrink and DVDDecrypter installed first. There are links on the ripit page.

Run the oneclick mode. It will go back to DVDDecrypter to rip and you will have to click the DVD icon to make it start. After that it will open Shrink and process. When processing is complete it will burn.

Here is a short guide that a very smart gobbling sphere (PacMan777) put together for the saw3 issues. It is also good for any other movie and has lots of screen shots to follow. I have pasted it for you as it is burried in the 81+ page saw3 thread.

3. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

@bsapp......... the problem you are having can be two fold.....
    1...... it's a Region 2 disk.... you need to make it REGION FREE ... this way it will play on your TV. You copied the disk and it works fine in your computer because your computer's drive might be region free.... or:
    2...... your media is crappy media and has a problem when you try to view it on your stand alone dvd player! use better media and there is also a process that you can booktype your drive to make +R media to DVD-ROMs (fool your player to think it's playing a store bought DVD!)... feature makes your disks more compatible to most DVD players! ok.... read more:

there are plenty of reasons why certain dvds won't play in other players:

1. burning speeds: burn at 4x so there will be less writing errors (rule of thumb is to burn at half the rated speed of the disk--8X disk burn at 4x).
    2. read manual for your stand alone player and use the disks that will play in your player. If your player is less than 2 yrs old then it should play the + or - R disks! I said SHOULD that's why you read the manual.
    3. try booktyping your drive to DVd-ROM so it will make your +R disks more compatible to players. Read this:
    http://k-probe.com/bitsetting-booktype-faq.php
    4. make sure that there are no finger prints or scratches on your disk that make it hard for the player to read the disk!
    5. use good quality media (rule of thumb....buy the ones that are Made in Japan.) Verbatim is a top notch disk and is the only exception to this rule....some Verbatims are made in Taiwan and they are top notch!
    6. and don't burn too close to the outer edge of the disk ..... which will make the disk unreadable! but using good media you will be able to burn close to the edge better than lesser quality media. Just in case I only burn no closer than 4400MB, so if you can set your programs to that, all the better!

follow these little tips of the trade and you'll have better success! good luck.

also read this:
    http://www.cdfreaks.com/reviews/Why-DVDRW-is-superior-to-DVD-RW/
    why the +R media is better than the -R media

[​IMG]
    if your DVDDecrypter setting for FILEMODE is checked off like this then when your DVD is ripped it should be region free! now use shrink as usual and burn to a good quality disk and you should be just fine!

4. Galbin

Galbin Guest

If it is a region 2 disk, then it would be recorded in the European PAL format, as opposed to the American NTSC format.

PC's can play both formats, while TV's cannot!

Converting PAL to NTSC is a daunting and complicated process. Your best bet for playing this on your TV is to get a Video Card for you PC that has a TV-out feature, or invest in a low cost Philipps DVD player that supports both NTSC and PAL disks.

5. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

or run the video files though ConvertXToDVD and make the setting for NTSC....... and if you can use decryter to make it region free all the better!

6. bsapp

bsapp Member

i made it region free..............

when i burn it it doesnt work

i cant put it back in beacuse4 i have no more changes.

7. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

what kind of disks are you using, what speed are you burning, what's the make and model of your burner, and is your firmware up-to-date? answer these questions and maybe a solution can be found.

8. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Kudos go to Galbin here. The problem is not the region but the format of the movie Region 2 is in PAL format not NTSC. Therefore you would need to convert the format to NTSC and as Gablin has already stated this is pain stakenly difficult and quite frankly doesnt produce a very good movie. If you can get your hands on a region free multiplayer DVD player then you would be in buisness :) All those process of showing you how to burn a disk are not the issue here it is more a matter of PAL vs NTSC

9. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

I was under the impression that if you set the NTSC setting in ConvertXtoDVD that it would automatically convert it from PAL to NTSC..... As I never did a conversion from one to the other before.

[​IMG]
    I guess this wouldn't change the region from Pal to NTSC.

10. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

ihoe convertxtodvd will change the region from pal to ntsc, have done this many times disks come out great, i buy dvd's from outside of the states they get most movie's before we in the statesand all are pal.

11. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

@bsapp

Please edit your thread titles to conform to forum rules - specifically rule #7:

7. Describe your problem specifically -- including the thread topic, because this helps people who are willing to answer to you.

12. bsapp

bsapp Member

idk how but illdo it next time

ill try convertx ill download it.

13. Galbin

Galbin Guest

Bsapp, please report back on the results of your conversion.

I wasn't to thrilled with the quality of the ConvertxtoDVD PAL to NTSC conversion. The DVD contained some serious raster image distortions during rapid scene changes, an effect that becomes very annoying after a few minutes of watching a movie.

I still think that if all you're after is to watch PAL movies, investing in an inexpensive Philips DVP 642 or 5140 is the best way to go...(They're around $50)...and you then even have a spare DVD player!

14. bsapp

bsapp Member

it worked good but it had a watermark in it so i didnt burn it but it worked i didnt buy it thatys why it had a watermark..... and i dont have a cerdit card so i cant buy it is their a way i can get it 4 free and can i buy a dvd player like that at best buy