1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help plz

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by poyee, Mar 5, 2011.

1. poyee

poyee Guest

is it possible to open my original xbox then convert it to a cdrom player from a pc, so i can play my burned games?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2011
  2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

The xbox 1 never used cdrom drives they are dvd-rom which can read dual layer discs,there is a kit to convert a pc dvd rom drive to xbox,however are you sure the games you have burnt are not faulty,most of the xbox 1 games fit on a single layer dvd if you have ripped the games yourself with a kreon drive that could be your problem as i've found it's not like ripping a 360 game disc,it's better to use dvd2xbox then ftp those files back to the comp & use qwix or whatever it's called to make the game iso then burn,also you need to have a sofmod or hardmod xbox to play the copied games (note: as yet i haven't attempted to use qwix to make iso's as yet)

3. poyee

poyee Guest

there's no problem on the cd, im pretty sure, but my xbox is not modded, and i dont know how to do it the easiest way

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

No point doing anything untill xbox is modded

5. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

action replay or accessible memory card.. original copy of splinter cell.. and ndure for your region... simple and quick

hey scorp.. heres a thing.. the 616t and that lite-on drive which could be modded to work in the xbox are now so rare and hard to find they cost 5x as much as a full working xbox... (my development box has a 604a in it.. with very odd firmware and reads absolutely everything.. even +rw) the "kits" were no more than a scam.. a printed set of instructions downloaded from a website was the total of the contents...