1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help plzzz, my psp does not enter sleep mode!!!!!

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by 0Squall0, Oct 8, 2007.

1. 0Squall0

0Squall0 Member

Umm heres the problem, every time i turn my psp off two times in a row at the xmb menu or during a game, the 1st time it enters sleep mode, but the second timed my psp completly shuts off and restarts showing the scee logo thing. But if i turn it off once at the xmb menu, then run a game and turn it off during gameplay its fine. So basically if i turn off my psp two times in a row either at the xmb menu or running a game i can only enter sleep mode once. This was caused by my cousin knocking the psp out of my hand and landing on the ground. My umd drive also doesnt work, but that doesnt concern me because that is a common problem and that can easily be resolved. So please to anyone reading this i dont mean to confuse you with this awkward problem of my psp, but once again please help me fix my psp......

2. Rav3

Rav3 Regular member

Unfortunately for you it sounds like hardware problems. U can buy PSP power button replacement parts (if power button is irresponsive or fails to do what u intend it to do i.e. enter sleep mode) but they are rather expensive, I saw a part for $60 online. They also need to be soldered onto the PSP motherboard. Bad luck.

3. 0Squall0

0Squall0 Member

oww man, well thank you very much for your help.

4. bauer128

bauer128 Member

my psp dosnt start up the green light comes on for just a second but then dposnt start uup

5. chwoolgar

chwoolgar Regular member

Try pluggin PSP into charger and turn on, does charge light light up when battery is in? Might be a faulty charger

6. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

Dry a different charger, different battery or use pandora's battery. It could be bricked.

7. WEBEX

WEBEX Member

if you have firmware 3.71 M33, then upgrade to 3.71 M33-2 because it has a habit of shutting down on sleep mode

8. 0Squall0

0Squall0 Member

nah its not bricked or anything, and it doesnt enter sleep mode when i charge it. the cause of this was because it was dropped.The psp works fine when running games and all but what happens is that when i turn it off (trying to enter sleep mode) the light flashes continuously for like 20 seconds then shuts down.

9. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

A semi-brick maybe? What firmware are you on? Official firmware or Sony Firmware? If you are on Sony firmware then I would call them. Don't tell them that the PSP has been modded (or attempted to be) or dropped.

10. BTFan

BTFan Regular member

lol official firmware is Sonty Firmware!

11. 0Squall0

0Squall0 Member

im on custom firmware 2.40 oe-a , but lol i really dont understand why it doesnt always enter sleep mode, i think this problem is very unique. Oh and umm my psp isnt semi bricked or bricked coz i can run all games/programs normally...

12. chwoolgar

chwoolgar Regular member

Try upgrading, 3.52 M33-4 is the most stable at the moment

13. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

Well, 3.71 M33-2 with the 1.50 Kernal plugin is also stable now.

14. chwoolgar

chwoolgar Regular member

Im sure there will be more updates coming out before they move on to something new

15. kikzm33z

kikzm33z Regular member

3.71M33-2 isn't that stable.When messing about with the flash0, it causes a permanent brick, but don't think Pandora will help.You must backup nand to unbrick.It's happened before, but not to me.

16. 0Squall0

0Squall0 Member

17. kikzm33z

kikzm33z Regular member

Wow, the green light sure blinks for a long time.It must be your PSP's fault.I think you'll have to disassemble your PSP to see if anything is out of place or w.e.

18. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

Try to update the firmware, if your on any custom firmware empty your cache in Flash1. This really looks like a firmware problem.

19. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

I bricked on a 3.71M33 before I noticed that you can't really edit flash files on that, the flash is completely changed on a 3.71 PSP. To unbrick, I just created a Pandora Battery (already had 1.50 MS) from a friends PSP and it unbricked fine.

20. 0Squall0

0Squall0 Member

Outta curiosity will do you believe that problem will be resolved it i buy a power switch from ebay, and are the power switches sold on ebay reliable?