1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help- Pokemon Diamond Not Working on M3 Simply

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by MagnusD, May 16, 2007.

1. MagnusD

MagnusD Regular member

I've been having some difficulty getting Pokemon Diamond and also Pokemon Pearl working on my M3 Simply.

I had the game working on one of my Micro SD cards, but the card turned out to be faulty so I've had to put the game onto my other Micro SD card.

But whenever I try to play the game, one of two things happen-

1) The game freezes up the second I try to play it. All I get is a white screen
    2) If the game does start up, it freezes at the title screen with the music still playing as normal. One time it went as far as letting me go to the lake at the start of the game, and then it froze with the music still playing

I've had similair problems with some other games, although not on this SD card.

How do I stop this problem from happening, as I know the ROM is Ok since it was working on my other SD card. I also know it isn't a problem with this SD card since it works fine with 99% of the other games I've used on it. And I have the latest firmware installed.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance

2. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

I don't know what is wrong, but i'll throw in a couple of ideas that could fix it.

Try defragmenting the SD card
    Try ScanDisk on the card
    Try redownloading the game, just in case it is the game.
    Try (re)formating the SD card to FAT (be sure to backup its contents first)

Last edited: May 16, 2007
  3. MagnusD

MagnusD Regular member

I've already tried re-downloading the game, and I'm afraid that hasn't made any difference. However, I'll try the three other things you've suggested and let you know if any of the three work.

Thanks

4. MagnusD

MagnusD Regular member

Ok, here's what happened.

I tried defragmenting, and I was able to do that. But in doing so, it looks like it's killed my SD card, as I can no longer get the M3 software to work.

Here's what happens now. When I switch on my DS, I either get-

1) A Blank screen straight away
    2) a loading message and nothing else
    3) It freezes at the menu

I've tried completely formatting the SD card and then putting the software back on from scratch, but this doesn't fix it. I've tried both copying the software from my SD card before formatting and pasting back in, and I've tried using the original software from the CD and updating the firmware, but neither of these yield any positive results.

So can anyone help?