1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help - problem after burning dvd

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by md33171, Nov 11, 2004.

1. md33171

md33171 Member

I'm hoping to get some help or suggestions. I have a lite-on 411s dvd burner. I am using TDK DVD-R 4x blank DVDs. I'm having a problem where when after I burn a DVD and play it on my DVD player, the movie burns fine but sometimes freezes in the middle or stops and then starts (almost like its being paused). First of all I have ruled out its my DVD player because i've had co-workers burn DVDs and they work fine. A co-worker burned a DVD for me on the same exact disc I use and it works fine. So with this in mind, is it the blank DVDs i'm using. Possibly my DVD burner doesn't like these DVDs but my DVD player doesn't mind. I have ordered some Ritek blank DVD-Rs to try . I'm hoping its just the the media i'm using. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

The Ritek's should do the job. Here are a few questions for you to think about though.
    1. What Software are you Burning/Ripping with?
    DVD Shrink / DVD Decrypter / Nero all good choices
    2. What speed are you Burning the disk at?
    Try 2x or even 1x get much better burn
    3. Have you Updated your DVD/R with latest Firmware?
    Go here to update your firmware http://www.liteonit.com.tw/ODD/English/e_downloads/e_firmware_dvd rw.asp
    4. Are you compressing a whole movie or just the main movie?
    Will get much better quality if you just copy main move. This will produce little to no effect in quality.

Hope this helps :)