1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP - Problem burning .nrg file with Ahead Nero

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by dumb1, Dec 30, 2003.

1. dumb1

dumb1 Member

I have a .nrg file which I want to burn to create the image of a CD for a backup.

When I double click on it, Ahead Nero says:

"Unfortunately your source CD has a special format which cannot be written. Sorry, but copying must be aborted here"

Please help. I am using Ahead Nero version 5.5.9.6

2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

I'm not a Nero guru so try Nero 6.3.0.2 and see if you encounter the same error m8.

Shoey :)

3. dumb1

dumb1 Member

It works fine if I extract the files manually with UltraISO or WINISO.

4. bigE

bigE Member

I am sorry I cannot be of more help, but I think that the .nrg file extension is used only for one or two burning programs. I think one of them might be WinIso, but am not positive. I am pretty sure though that you have an image file burnt in a particular burning program; all you need now is to find the program.

Good luck.

EDIT- I also thought .nrg are associated with Nero, so try the most current Nero._X_X_X_X_X_[small]Let's go OILERS!![/small]

Last edited: Dec 31, 2003
  5. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Enable show hidden files (folder tab menu) and burn the extracted files as data.

Shoey :)

6. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

A Try this, instead of double clicking on the NRG file.

1. Open Nero
    2. Close the silly New Compilation dialog box
    3. If you are using Nero5, File --> Burn Image --> Select the NRG file. If you are using Nero6 then Recorder --> Burn Image --> Select the NRG file

B Something else you can try is to change the burn mode from Track-at-Once to Disc-At-Once or something.

C Last case, open the NRG file up with CDMage (Mode1/2048 if it asks you). File --> Save As and give it a name. CDMage will create a BIN/CUE file for you and you can burn the that the same was a in A but just select the CUE file insead.