1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help: Problem burning .vob's

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by lazerasa, Sep 26, 2004.

1. lazerasa

lazerasa Member

Could someone please provide me some guidance... Here is my situation:

I started out with five .vob's in a VIDEO_TS folder, but no .ifo or .bup files, so I used IFOEdit and pointed it to the .vob's. It created the VIDEO_TS.ifo and .bup and the VTS_01_0.ifo and .bup.

I tried to open the VIDEO_TS folder in DVD Shrink and it gave me an error saying "Invalid data in file VTS_01_1.VOB".

I also tried creating an ISO using TMPGEnc DVD Author, but it gave me an error saying "The provided folder's structure can not be accepted by a DVD".

It seems to me that I have all the needed files in the correct folder, but something is obviously wrong. Please take a look at this http://home.comcast.net/~donkeys/dvderror.rtf to see the files in my VIDEO_TS folder and screen shots of the errors I get.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. lazerasa

lazerasa Member

I thought my problem might have been that I forgot this step http://www.mpucoder.com/derrow/calcsec.html to check the VTS sectors in IFOEdit, so I started from scratch again and included this step.

But, I still get the same exact error from DVD Shrink. I am able to create an ISO using TMPGEnc DVD Author now and I burned it using DVD Decrypter, but when I put it in the standalone player all it showed was one frame of the movie and then it froze.

So, I'm still having problems and I can't figure out what to do now. Any help please?

3. pollushon

pollushon Regular member

Your Ifo is incorrect, I'm sure you realise this. Your Vobs add up to 4.1Gg so youve obviously compressed them and then written up an Ifo. If this is the case the data in the Ifo will be incorrect, because compressing changes bitrate streaming etc etc..... Anything you do to the vobs via an application, must include the original Ifo too, so the authoring app can reconstruct the Ifo to suit.

4. lazerasa

lazerasa Member

I got the VOB's by ripping them using DVD Decrypter originally... I ripped the main movie VOB's only. I did not compress them at all. I have the original VTS_01_0.ifo, but that's all... I don't have the VIDEO_TS.ifo and I don't have the DVD with me any longer.

Since I didn't compress the VOB's, I don't understand why the IFO's would be incorrect. Any suggestions?

5. pollushon

pollushon Regular member

If you dont have the disc, its going to be impossible. One option I can think of is forget the folder, and IFO's extract the vobs in order to TMPGenc. Author them to a DVD Template, it should create its own IFO's. Or do the same but use VOBmerge and turn the VOB's into 1, then Author. Or try the demo of ANY DVD and CLONE DVD (you'll need the disc) Its too damn easy, Ive never looked back.

6. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

I agree w/ pollushon ... in that TMPGEnc DVD Author should be able to recreat a title set IFO if just inputting main movie VOBs (would've been a lot easier keeping title set IFO in the first place tho - lol).

There is a fully functional 30 day free trial of TMPGEnc DVD Author at: http://www.pegasys-inc.com/en/download/tda16.html

7. lazerasa

lazerasa Member

I do not have the original disk available right now, so is it impossible?

I thought that IFOEdit was supposed to be able to create new IFO's for the VOB files. I did not compress the VOB's at all, so why dosen't that work?

Like I said, I do have the original VTS_01_0.ifo, but not the VIDEO_TS.ifo. I have TMPGEnc DVD Author, but I don't see anywhere where it would recreate a title set IFO... is there a guide? I thought only IFOEdit could do that?

8. lazerasa

lazerasa Member

Last edited: Sep 27, 2004
  9. pollushon

pollushon Regular member

That is an excellent guide, I think that will solve your problems. Good Luck!

10. lazerasa

lazerasa Member

Starting from step 3 of that guide was EXACTLY what I needed to do. Everything worked perfectly. If anyone else is ever caught in this situation, follow that guide.