1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help!Problem playing Chp1 of burned DVD!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Ldivace1, Jun 29, 2007.

1. Ldivace1

Ldivace1 Member

I burned a dvd movie but chapter 1 will play audio but no video shows until I fast forward a little bit. Otherwise I just get a blank screen. This is only on Chapter 1. The rest of the movie is fine! Thanks.

2. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

make sure you are using good media like Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim burning no faster than 8x on a clean machine. what software are you using?

3. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

m

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2007
  4. Ldivace1

Ldivace1 Member

I am using Memorex DVD-R ang Roxio 7.5

5. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

@Ldivace1..... the double whammyyyyyy....... memorex is nick named memosux around here because it's not that compatible and to me, my opinion, is that it's a lesser quality, even crappy media because sooooo many people have problems with this media! CMC Mags is not the best around and people have too many problems with their media, like Memorex. and Roxio..... well...... it works ...... but not the best ..... I guess if you're used to it and are happy with it then fine, but not the popular of softwares around. So if you're having problems with viewing your burned DVD it's like MichaelP1 says..... change your media to Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim.... now those are top notch media!

6. Ldivace1

Ldivace1 Member

Thanks IHoe, what software do you recommend? Thank to you as well Michael1P

7. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

Ldivace1, are you backing up store bought DVDs? or just copying DVDs that are already decrypted?

clonedvd 2 + anydvd is great for backing up your store bought movies or DVDFab Decrypter plus theres several other programs. heres a software page and some guides

http://webpages.charter.net/bacitup/

or if your just making a copy of a backup try using nero instead of roxio and keep your burn speed at 6x using Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim as we mentioned

also make sure you have the latest firmware update for your drive/burner ,check here

http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_all.php

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2007
  8. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

I couldn't have said it better MichaelP1