1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

!!! Help... Problem Playing Video On PSP !!!

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by taurusx77, Jul 1, 2007.

1. taurusx77

taurusx77 Guest

Hey Guys!!! I can't play videos converted to MP4. I tried playing videos on version 1.50 and version 2.71 with no luck. I also tried to add a VIDEO folder and putting a video in there and again, it won't play. I added a folder called MP_ROOT that also has 2 other folders in it called 100MNV01 and 100ANV01. When I convert a video, I make sure I change the name to something like, M4V20004... again, the videos won't play. What should I do? PLEASE HELP ME !!!!!

The folders that I have on my root directory are:

- ISO
    - MP_ROOT
    - dh
    - PSP

!!!!! I NEED YOUR HELP !!!!!!!

2. djmazz

djmazz Regular member

use PSPlayerMT. you dont need to convert. it lets you play most audio/vidio file formats.
    get it off psp-hacks.com

3. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

1.upgrade to custom firmware....

2.drop your converted videos into the VIDEO folder....

3.grab some popcorn and enjoy your movie...

edit: well played, djmazz....I forgot about that little treasure!

Last edited: Jul 1, 2007
  4. taurusx77

taurusx77 Guest

DJMAZZ, thank you for the PSPlayerMT program. I wil let you know how it turns out.

And, dEEz_nUtz, thanks for the info about upgrading to the most recent firmware. But, I want to be able to stay within 1.5 terrirtory so that I can play my ISO games. I hope you understand. Can you think of other ways I can play videos without having to sacrifice my ability to play ISO games? Thanks.

5. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

A custum firmware gives you latest updates and perks from official sony firmware + the ability of homebrew, iso. It's much easier to use than the outdated devhook.

6. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

sorry for the misunderstanding...I meant custom firmware.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2007
  7. naj94

naj94 Guest

Well you will need a thumbnail file which is named the same as the mp4 file for e.g. on your original thred starta- M4V20004 (for the mp4 file) and M4V20004.thm for your thumbnail file.

The software i use is called 3gp converter to convert avi's etc. to mp4 and it also makes the thumnail file for you all you have to do is drag and drop the files into MP_ROOT>100MNVO1.
    Here's the link:http://www.videohelp.com/tools/3GP_Converter and download the main tool site one
    hope this helps

8. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

agreed. 3GP converter is also a good program for converting your videos...I remember when I was running 1.5 firmware, I had problems with getting videos to work also. I had just pretty much given up on it. But I found that now I am using the custom firmware 3.40OE-A, you just drop your converted movie into the VIDEO folder, and you are good to go. Or use that PSPlayerMT if you dont feel like converting, it works well also.

9. nhar068

nhar068 Member

taurusx77,

using custom firmware is the easiest way to play iso games, much easier than on 1.5. Upgrade to Dark Alex's 3.40 OE-A at
    www.psp-hacks.com and then you just drop any iso into the ISO folder.

10. akaangus

akaangus Regular member

3GP_Converter makes videos that play on legit firmware (mine was until yesterday, LOL)

Still works for me on 3.40OE