1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help!! problems spoofing benq drive as a samsung ms25

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by drogomir, Nov 16, 2007.

1. drogomir

drogomir Regular member

I got the key from my samsung and i'm trying to spoof a benq drive but it does not seem to be working. I was wondering if all i need to spoof the drive is the samsung key. I am using FIRMWARE TOOLBOX 4.5 i have the via chip 6421A and the connectivity kit as the power for the xbox 360. What i'm trying to figure out also is how does the FIRMWARE TOOLBOX 4.5 know which drive to spoof. I have two other dvd drives in my computer and there is no way to choose your drive. I've also disconnected the other drives and the spoofing still doesn't work. Maybe i'm doing something wrong. Also after i spoof the drive and before i flash it. I should be able to play originals right, as a way to check that the drive does work in this xbox360. Thanks for any help.

2. Memnock

Memnock Active member

You don't spoof the drive itself, but the firmware and then you flash it to the drive. I take it you are trying to put a Benq drive into a 360 that had a Samsung? If so dump the Benq firmware. Make a couple of copies of it in case you mess something up. Hack it up to ixreme 1.1 if that's what you want to do. Replace the key with your Samsung key. Before you flash that firmware onto the Benq with go into tools, spoof firmware and choose the whatever ever drive your Samsung was.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2007
  3. xbubbax

xbubbax Regular member

so if using iprep, you can spoof sammy and ben-q to look like a hitachi....would you only do this if you swapped dvd drvies @ 1 point...or is it just an option to spoof the sammy/benq into a hitachi....i dont understand why people would spoof the drive into thinking its another.....anyone?

4. drogomir

drogomir Regular member

so after i flash the drive with the spoofed firmware then i'm able to play backups. thank you for explaining it. i was a bit confused.