1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP!!! Problems with backups

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by titanx, Jan 7, 2005.

1. titanx

titanx Guest

Heres what I got:

Backups for a few of my original games
    PS2( of course)
    Sway Magic
    Flip Top Case

Heres my problem:
    When I run my original games everything works fine, no problem. But when I put in a backup of one of my games it loads up, no prob, gets the the main screen and menus, no prob, but just give it about 15 min or so in the game and I start to see choppyness and it will freeze and either come back up or say problem with disk, and then I have to reset. This happens on ALL my backups, not just a couple. Like I said if I run an original it works terrific, but only with burned games. MY PS2 I believe is a V4 and I tried to clean the laser with a MAXELL laser lens cleaner to no avail. PLEASE SOMEONE, ANYONE HELP ME!!!!

2. chrisosx

chrisosx Regular member

what are your burning speeds and type of DVDR are you using? i need brand name, - or +.

Good Luck!
    Chris

3. titanx

titanx Guest

I have tried these brands

Hypermedia +R at 2X speed
    Memorex -R at 2X speed
    Ridata -R at 2X speed
    Comp USA -R at 4X speed

as you can see I mainly burn at 2X just to be sure, but no luck with these all. Sometimes the game wont have a problem for an hour and sometimes it happens in 5 min.

4. hursty

hursty Active member

earily version ps2's such as the v4 dont like dvd+r,so dont even try them.
    what software are you using to backup the games,are the originals free from scratches?if not fix them.
    do any of the games you are copying need patching?
    regards hursty.

5. okboz

okboz Regular member

Use ritek Go4 disks and decrypter and burn at2x then you will have no prioblems whatsoever. I have the same setup and 100% ok so far, no coasters

Boz

6. chrisosx

chrisosx Regular member

except for hypermedia cuz i never heard of it.. those are all CRAP media. Get verbatim or Maxwell, or TDK or w/e people suggest like Ritek GO4. Hope that helps.. sorry if you wasted money on those.

**EDIT**
    Except Ritek one.. i overlooked it.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2005