1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help PS2 Back Ups on Pioneer DVR 103

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by lBUNDYl, Jan 5, 2004.

1. lBUNDYl

lBUNDYl Member

Hey all,
    I'm another NOOB seeking advice for technical help. I have a janky old VAIO Desktop which has a
    PIONEER DVR 103. I want to know if I can make back ups of my PS2 games with the Drive? Has anyone tried and had success? If so, can anyone give detailed instructions on what steps to perform. If my DVR is old any recommendations for which Drive to purchase?

2. baabaa

baabaa Active member

You will probably more suited to goto the PS2 forum here http://forums.afterdawn.com/forum_view.cfm/50

There are some simple guides available at the top of the page.....

Just to add, I started out with a 103 and had no issues backing up PS2 games.....

I did flash it to the latest firmware to enable the 2x ability......and still it rocked....

Have since sold that and my mate is backing up his PS2 games aswell as movies so it is still going strong....therefore OK.....

I either use Dvd Decrypter OR Recordnow DX....

Dvd Decrypter used it to create an ISO image and burned back....
    Or Recordnow DX, used the global image function - build then burn....
    Or Recordnow DX and just did an exact copy (on the fly)....

I still use the above methods and have good success....except with a 106 now (very good)......

Just becareful when doing images, if you are using a FAT32 formatted HD, then you may encounter windows - blue screen of death due to file restrictions.....

Hope this helps....