1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP ps2 Backup

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by AkiraX82, Mar 16, 2005.

1. AkiraX82

AkiraX82 Member

Help! I bought v12 slim ps2. Using a slim tool. Tried Burning with Memorex DVD-R, TDK DVD+R, Verbatim DVD+R, Phillips DVD+R. Was trying to burn ratchet & Clank Up your arsenal. Ive made 10 coasters. Then I saw a post about CD Loader. I burned that to a CD. But swap magic 3.3 CD Version says "Not a valid PS2 disc". Has done that for all the discs. I can load regular games on ps2, but cannot load backups. Did I Install slim tool wrong? Everything looks ok following instructions. I am using DVD Decryptor. I have an NEC DVD-RW 16X Dual Layer. Any and all help will be appreciated. Thanks.

2. orsonk

orsonk Member

wot speed were u burning them at..?

coz its better 2 burn em at the lowest possible speed that ur burner can support, i got an nec burner too, and i backed up a 100% perfect copy..usin tdk +r 4x, at a speed of 2.4x..

3. orsonk

orsonk Member

and i used nero 6.6.0.8 as well, nofin else..

4. AkiraX82

AkiraX82 Member

ive tried burning at low speeds 1x,2x. I burned them using dvd decrypter. also ripped them with dvd decrypter. i tried ripping them with dvd shrink but couldnt read them for some reason. right now im trying to rip it using nero and then im gonna brn it again.

5. Juicylipz

Juicylipz Member

crazy peoples all you got to do is make a copy using nero just make it into an iso file then burn onto dvd trust me i know lol

6. steimy

steimy Active member

DVD Decrypter will work fine, i use it for all my backups. Try using some Phillips 8X DVD-R discs. They work great in my Sony DRU-700A burner. Also get DVD Loader instead of CD Loader, My PS2 had the same problem with CD Loader, wouldn't read it. It's the same program but you burn it to a DVD. PM me with your email address if you can't find it, i have the zip file still on my hard drive at home last time i checked and can email it to you. I have not installed a slim tool so i can't help you there, but that could be the problem. If it is reseting itself when you open the top then you would get the "Invalid Disc" message every time.

7. AkiraX82

AkiraX82 Member

its not resetting itself when i pop open the thing, just says not valid ps2 disc when i use swap magic

so i should use dvd loader? ok haidiep@gmail.com

thanks

8. steimy

steimy Active member

I will email it to you tonight.
    With Swap Magic 3.3 you shouldn't need it though but just so you have it. I haven't had to since i got the 3.3 version except when i want to load a backup game with cheat codes with the AR Max.
    Also just to make sure i understand, or you may have just mis-typed it.
    Are you trying to load PS2 DVD games with the swap magic CD version?
    You would use the swap magic DVD version to load 98% of all PS2 games.

9. AkiraX82

AkiraX82 Member

still nothing... should i flash my dvd-rw firmware?

hrmmm