1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP!!! ps2 backups not working

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by arkofwpg, Nov 11, 2004.

1. arkofwpg

arkofwpg Member

I have a v7 ps2 with a chipmod installed. I have tried alcohol 120% and dvd decrypter as specified on this forum and NTI and have switched to Ritek go5 dvd-r's but nothing seems to be working. I took it back to the chip installer and all his back-ups work, he tried another chip but I am still having problems. I am new to this, but I have been researching as much as I can . The ps2 is only a month old. I hope someone can give me some answers be4 I hurl this thing through the window. Did something possibly get screwed up when I attempted to go online with a backed-up game?? dvd-r movies work fine. It seemed to play back-ups ok for the first 2 weeks.AAAARRRRGGGG!!

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

is all the media you have tried 8x?

3. arkofwpg

arkofwpg Member

No I have used memorex 4X and Kodak 4X.

4. arkofwpg

arkofwpg Member

Fixed my problem, it wasn't a burning issue. I decided to rip apart my ps2 and I found the solder on the ground wire to the chip had let go. Guess I should have installed it myself. all my backed up copies work , even the memorex and kodak ones.