1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP! ps2 fried

Discussion in 'PS2' started by account, Feb 28, 2004.

1. account

account Guest

i took my ps2 to a friends and while we where playing 007 everything or nothing the power went out for a few minutes then came back on and now when i turn on my ps2 the red reset light comes on but the blue ejext light doesn't, the screen stays black, the eject button doesn't respond to anythin.

what i need to know is how to fix it (if i can) and what to look for.

and if i need to get a new one is there anyone out there who would sell a version 1-7 ps2?

2. account

account Guest

also the only thing that happens is the fan turns on since i have the fliptop i opened it up and the laser doesn't even try to read the game and the spinning thing doesn't spin either.

also it doesn't do anything to the tv (it doesn't send anything to the tv)

please someone i need some help

3. account

account Guest

hello? anyone?

can someone please help me?

4. fatguy137

fatguy137 Guest

Hey I cant actually help u but i can tell u where to look
    google ps2 repairs has tons of stuff
    it sounds to me that ur motors blown

5. account

account Guest

i tried that but there didn't seem to be any sites that described my problem since im not too sure what it is but i will put what is wrong and if anyone knows what to do please help

-the reset button responds slow
    -the eject button doesn't respond at all
    -the tv stays black
    -the laser doesn't try to see if there is a game in it
    -the ps2 doesn't spin the disc
    -the fan turns on

6. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

the most simple thing...

open the ps2 and look for the fuse on the power board it's probably it... sometimes at power jumps it can brake... to bad they dont use them ground wires in the sockets... replacing is easy just pull it out and go buy another one at any hardware store it's probably the 2.2 fuse..

7. aXidburn

aXidburn Guest

mayb it is the whole power supply?

8. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

if it was the power board then the ps2 wouldnt even turn on not to mention the fan wouldnt even working...

9. account

account Guest

ok i'll check that and get back to you guys

also what does the fuse look like when it's broken?

10. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

it looks like a small balb... kinda like a tube a thick one... and the ps2 has a white one... the ones that sold today are clear and have 2 metals on eatch side of the fuse.... and inside the fuse it has a very thin wire that transmit electicity... when the power jumps the wire rips to prevent damage to the system.. a very easy way to see it is to look for 2 jumpers who hold white tube... you should see it when opening the ps2 and removing the power board.. remove the power board and you should see it ON the power board..
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]eyetie is a stupid silly lil person... heres why...

"I will give you 1 warning and 1 warning only. Continue to piss me off on my threads and I'll leash a flury of assaults on you, your family, and your fuckin shadow too."[/small]

Last edited: Feb 29, 2004
  11. account

account Guest

if the fuse is the coil in the glass tube then it is not that cause that is fine and has no visual damage

12. brad1102

brad1102 Guest

Damage cannot always be determined visually. Use a multimeter (resistance setting) and test for continuity. Just hold the leads to each side of the fuse. If there is any impedance, the fuse is good - no impedance, fuse bad.

Good luck.

BTW - I outa here for while - I'm taking off for a month w/o a computer probably. Take it easy guys - and take it easy on the n00bs.

Cheers!

13. account

account Guest

ok i'll try that and c ya in a month brad

14. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

hey!! you leaving me!!! :( now im all alone again...

15. account

account Guest

the fuse is fine what else could it be

16. billz

billz Active member

did you check all the fuses? there's more than one....

17. account

account Guest

where are they all? (the ones that it would probably be)

18. billz

billz Active member

19. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

ohhhh nice explain on the psx... :eek: damn i missed 3 of them... i know that it has few of them but i missed few... :/ shame on me.. in anyway check the fuses the ps2 has more than just the white one.. try to replace it... it should work after that... i didnt really check the power of it.. but as i said it's probably 2.2 or 3...

20. aXidburn

aXidburn Guest

after hearing this mayb i should get a power strip for my ps2 and everytime i am done witrh it unplug it...lol