1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP! PS2 just freezes.

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by chrisbmxr, Apr 13, 2005.

1. chrisbmxr

chrisbmxr Member

Hi all.
    For some reason every time I go to load a backup dvd game on my ps2 it either works slowly through the menus then crashes or never loads at all.
    I am using A slide card with swap magic 3 discs, with a v3 ps2. I use dvd decrypter to burn the games.
    Ive tried a couple of different makes of blank media, but neither were well known makes.
    Is this typically caused by the media i am using or could it be my ps2 or dvd burner? My ps2 is getting very old and tired now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S I am trying to burn U.K Need For Speed Underground2 as i know this should copy without a patch.

Cheers

Chris

2. cyepumk

cyepumk Guest

you should always clean your lens before you try other options to get backups to work.especially on older ps2.if that dont work then pursue other means.cieaning with rubbing alcohol works better than cleaner disc with the tiny brushes on them.also v4 ps2 and older work better with dvd-r burned at low speeds(1x-2x).and yes burner and dvd compatibilty can cause problems.but you used different kinds of media so that has to be one picky burner.clean lens on burner also(with cleaner disc)

3. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

what brands of media did you try? If they are cheap no name, you get what you pay for. Id try burning to a good brand like verbatim, that would at least rule out media.

4. chrisbmxr

chrisbmxr Member

ok cheers guys.