1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP: PS2 long delays when booting

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Banzai, Mar 29, 2005.

1. Banzai

Banzai Member

Hi to all,
    A new day, a new problem, today my ps2 took 10 seconds to boot up, i press the reset button and the ps2 starts working but the 'blocks' with the 'sony computer entertainment' screen only comes up 10 seconds after, i have tried offing and onning but the smallest delay was 7 seconds- the start up screen would normally come the minute i press the reset button.

A very large delay for the boot screen id say ( just to clarifiy: its the first screen u see when turning the ps2 on, has lots of white blocks representing the space used on memory cards... u no what im talking about.

PLease help!
    Keep up the good work evry1
    Thank you

The Gaut

2. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

Use better media.
    Or lower your burn speed.

here is a good list.
    Also make sure your Firmware is Updated.

http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm

MCC = Mitsubishi Chemicals = (-R)<-----------------VERBATIM MY CHOICE #1
    TAIYOYUDEN or YUDEN = Taiyo Yuden = (-R)<--------------FUJIFILM (made in japan) MY CHOICE #2

If its doing it on Original ps2 products.
    Then your laser is dirty and/or needs adjusting.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2005
  3. Banzai

Banzai Member

Its doing it without disks inside as well, when i turn on the ps2, it works perfectly BUT the tv stays black for about 10 seconds and THEN the SOY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT screen comes up.

I dont think it has anything to do with the disks as it is jst the ps2 starting up on its own- even without discs inside it happens. BTW. thanks for quik reply

Help!
    The Gaut

4. Banzai

Banzai Member

soz for double post, but when i said BOOT UP i meant the actualy ps2 boot up screen (with the white blocks and the writing sony computer entertainemt system) NOT the games booting up. The tv screen is black and after 10 seconds the ps2 actually 'starts'

5. Banzai

Banzai Member

sorry for not mentioning this earlier but i have a MATRIX INFINITY CHIP with firmware 1.39. The games boot up fine ( apart from the ones that are very scratches)- its just the ps2 screen tat comes up- soz im repeating myself but i will say it one more time- i am NOT speaking about the broswer/system confic screen or the screen that comes up when pressing X on browswer (the screen where memory card is visible) i am talking about the 1st screen u see when putting the ps2 on, there is a delay of 10 seconds for that screen to appear.

SOrry for rambling so much,
    Thank you
    The Gaut
    ps.help!!

6. hubba112

hubba112 Member

Ever since I got my Chip (unknow name) my ps2 takes 4 seconds to load up.

7. Banzai

Banzai Member

thats a bit of a relief, thanks hubba, anyone know why it happens ?

Thanx in advance