1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help PS2 Playing Problem!

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Wolf69, Feb 22, 2007.

1. Wolf69

Wolf69 Member

I have downloaded a some PS2 Bit Torrent Rar file games. When I unzip the rar file and extract the ISO Game file to a folder then burn it with DVD Decrypter. The game plays with my Swap Magic but the screen Vertical go's up and down. I burned it at 4X thats not to fast. Just wanted to know if anyone else had this problem or if its the Bit Torrent or burn the ISO with a different program? Hope someone can help me out thanks....

2. BIGnewb

BIGnewb Guest

you probably downloaded the opposite zone.like if you're ntsc u probably downloaded pal.if ur looking for north american games look for ntsc or usa in the name.or if u are in europe look for PAL.hope thats it.what media are you using?

3. Wolf69

Wolf69 Member

Hi There! Thanks for the replie. Does the media make a differents. I use DVD-R DVD's Memorex. Haven't had a problem with them before.I burn at 4X with Img Burn or DVD Decrypter or Nero. I will look to see if the game is USA or NTSC or PAL. I'm using Swap Magic to play them. Well thats alot for the Idea's. Later Bra...

4. BIGnewb

BIGnewb Guest

memorex is code name for memosux.everyone will tell u that.go buy verbatims or sony's.key thing is made in japan.

5. Wolf69

Wolf69 Member

Hi there! I looked at the games they where Pal form.That might be the problem. But I will try a different DVD like Sony or Verbatim to see if that works. Thanks again for the info. I have 200 PS2 games about half are memorex. They work fine but I'm open minded. Try anything. I will get back to you Ok. Any other Idea's let me know Ok. Thanks Bra......

6. BIGnewb

BIGnewb Guest

no problem but yo memorex was out a laser so dont use that sht other than that theres nothing else to say.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2007
  7. Wolf69

Wolf69 Member

Hi There! You where right about the Pal and the NTSC. I downloaded two games that where USA NTSC games.Then I burned them with IMGBurn it worked.The media didn't matter it was the Pal that didn't play right.The wrong region I guess.Thanks alot for your help!It was racking my brain.Well I will pass on this.Thanks alot Bra.....

8. BIGnewb

BIGnewb Guest

9. gcrew2

gcrew2 Member

I am a new owner of a ps2 flip top with swap magic 3.6. I've tried Verbatim,Ritek,TDK,Fujifilm,Sony,and Philips DVD+R brand media and out of all those,the games either,won't load,takes forever to load,or skips throughout the game. I decided to try a Memorex DVD+R because I have been using that brand media ever since I bought my Iomega dvd burner(which is about 5 yrs old and burns at a whopping 2.4x!!)and every game(which is about 10 so far) I've burned with memorex has worked. No lagging,skipping,or unable to load games. Maybe my burner is just used to a certain brand,but as long as Memorex works,that's what I'm sticking with. Oh and I use Nero Express to burn and I have also tried DVD Decrypter with the other brands and it made zero difference..Hopes this helps any

10. BIGnewb

BIGnewb Guest

you know why those media didnt work?because fat ps2 models and some ps2s dont read all dvd+R.try booktyping dvd+r and you'll notice the difference.

11. gcrew2

gcrew2 Member

you mean booktype to DVD-ROM right?

12. BIGnewb

BIGnewb Guest

yea.that makes the laser like the disc even more so try out some media left over that didnt work on the ps2 and booktype.memorex will work on your ps2 but its cmc mag and thats why the quality is horrible which will result in either laser broken or just the dvd's ink will go bad causing it to not be read!

13. BIGnewb

BIGnewb Guest

and also the other media would work if you didnt have a crappy burner.you should get burners from:LG,Lite-On,BenQ,Sony.and update your firmware!