1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help ps2 slim disc spinning problem

Discussion in 'PS2' started by suprajeff, May 15, 2007.

1. suprajeff

suprajeff Member

ok i took my ps2 slim all apart becuase it wasnt spinning up so i can hold down all the sensors on the ps2 to make it think it the lid is closed and the laser moves and ther disc spins half a turn then jumps back about 3cm and it jumps bakc 3 or 4 times and jumps for ward a nother 4 in so the disc wont spin all the way around and wont spin up fast enough but it spins so the fuses are good waht do i do ot make it spin faster

2. suprajeff

suprajeff Member

can sombody please help me i need to get this fixed soon

3. suprajeff

suprajeff Member

does anybody know anything aobut this i really need some help
    PLEASE!!

4. Z3120

Z3120 Regular member

Well, what are you trying to play exactly? A back up, import, original? What exactly? The problem you are describing sounds to me like you're trying to play a back up copy of a very small game -- 600 megabytes on a DVD -- and the disc is struggling to read or boot up for that matter. IF you are indeed trying to play a backup, and your PS2 has a tendency not to boot it, try switching media brands. What DVD media brand are you using at the moment?

5. suprajeff

suprajeff Member

well its does this with every game all mine are obught form the store i thnk the motor that spins the disc is bad or messed up

6. suprajeff

suprajeff Member

im guessing nobody knows anything aobut this i really really need some help PLEASE!!!