1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP! ps2 slim with no power

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by raiyne, Jul 10, 2007.

1. raiyne

raiyne Member

Ok, so i have in my possession a ps2 slim, and i can't get power to it. The ac is fine, and the power button will turn green for one second and then go back to red. I haven't changed anything on the ps2, it just simply decided not to work one day. My sister says it gave her a bit of a shock before it quit working as well. It's not the ac adaptor, as i said, and the only fuse i could find on it (6.3A) has current flow according to the multimeter.

Any ideas? Is the motherboard fried? Is it fixable? I'd appreciate any help you can give. Thanks!

2. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

Theres quite a few SMD fuses on a ps2 motherboard, you should look for a diagram on the web by entering in the model number of your ps2, or the version, the fuses are labelled from PS1 to PS15 or something, different versions have different number of fuses, one of the fuses is most probably blown, hence the light coming up as green then going back to red.