1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP! Ps3 to a Dell IN2020M

Discussion in 'PS3' started by Adybhav, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Adybhav

Adybhav Member

Hello!i just bought a Dell IN2020M which is a 20 inch widescreen monitor and need help in hooking up my ps3 to it! My model supports HDCP. I have bought a hdmi to dvi-d cable which gets plugged into the monitor! However when it comes to switching the ps3 on , i always get a messege saying that the monitor is going on power saving mode and all i get is a blank display! I hold down the button on the system to reset the video settings but still dont get any display!
    also when i connected my hd dvd player through the same hdmi to dvi-d cable i stopped getting the power saving messege and was getting an image of a few blocks on the screen!
    so could somebody possibly guide me on this please.
    Thanks in advance :)

2. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

According to the manual for that monitor, it does not support ANY of the PS3 resolutions...not even SD. They cut every corner on this piece of trash, and that included the control board that would do 720P just fine if it were made by a good company.