1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP!!! PSP Can't Read Nero Digital MP4s. What Do I Do???

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by SHAVEZ, Apr 3, 2005.

1. SHAVEZ

SHAVEZ Member

2. SHAVEZ

SHAVEZ Member

post your responses in this thread.

3. megastar

megastar Guest

you need to open a special directory in the memory stick. u cant just copy paste it in. u need to make an MP_ROOT directory. this can be downloaded at sony psp connect. do a google search on it.

4. exsean

exsean Member

the program that you guys need is called psp video 9

5. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

In the next release of Nero Recode, there will be an option for the PSP Memory stick under the Nero Digital Profiles, in the same location where you find options for HDTV-AVC, Standard, etc...

I've already done some tests, and it works great.

P.S. It will not be available for Demo versions, only for Retail and OEM 3 versions.

Regards,

Craig
    Nero Inc
    USA

6. megastar

megastar Guest

hey exsean, i have psp video 9 but when i try to convert it says file type not supported or something.

7. exsean

exsean Member

the reason for that is because they want you to use mpg or mpeg one of those you might have an AVI file or another video file. Me personaly, I use mpg they work the best and sound great.

P.s. try to go to setup before doing anything and change the existing quality profiles in the profile tab, to music videos.

8. megastar

megastar Guest

do u need your psp conected to the usb port when converting or not?

9. exsean

exsean Member

well i make sure that it is connected before everything even starts, even before starting the program. So i recommend to connect it before everything starts.

10. SHAVEZ

SHAVEZ Member

to megastar:

i already have the MP_ROOT folder as well as the sub-folder. The problem i'm having is, i've converted clips to MP4 with Nero, and then renamed the files accordingly...M4Vxxxxx. I then dragged the files to my Memory Stick PRO Duo Drive on my PC, then when i go to watch the video on my PSP, the PSP reads that it can't playback the video.

Can somebody help?

Also, in Nero Recode, i switched to 'Portable', instead of 'Standard' conversion.

11. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hi Shavez,

You should be selecting the Memory Stick Video Format(PSP Compatible)

If you select this profile, adn then from the Final Burn stage window you make sure to select the PSP instead of the Hard Drive or Recorder as Destination, our Nero Recode software will handle the naming structure and path for where the file is to be stored on the PSP.

Regards,

Craig
    Nero Inc
    USA

12. sti3

sti3 Guest

Got Recode working. Notice there aren't many (any?) options to resize to a widescreen aspect ratio. Is that coming? I'm trying to encode a 1.85 AR video and i'm not selecting resize... How to I keep it widescreen?

13. CKhaleel

CKhaleel Regular member

I felt like bumping a two-year old thread. LOL, I was bored xD