1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP.. psp doesnt find the 1.5 update

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by helpleez, Apr 30, 2007.

1. helpleez

helpleez Member

if someone would be able enlighten me on this situation it would be much appreciated. so, i had a v.2.81, updated it to v.3.03, nows where i sort of get lost.. are you supposed to completely remove the old psp file? well thats what i did, then i did the downgrade i think..(the zip folder has ms_root, src, etc.) so i copied the psp folder out of the ms_root. did the gta thing.. my system sais its running 3.03 HEN.. and i put the the 1.5 eboot (changed the name to update.pbp) in the new psp/game/update folder... it says in the menu, PSP update ver X.YZ, so i click it, it says doing preperations, goes blue, then the screen comes up and says "extracting special prx's from pbp, then says, cannot locate UPDATE.PBP, then it restarts. sorry this was so lengthy but i just wanted to give a detailed description of the situation. if someone could tell me what to do that would be awsome.

2. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

thats really weird try downloading the update again

3. jonnymint

jonnymint Member

did rename it update.pbp instead of UPDATE.pbp , i dont know if this is right but try it anyway.

4. DoubleDwn

DoubleDwn Regular member

I beleive the above post is correct. Use all caps when renaming. Also, make sure that you are not adding two extensions on the file. Be sure that windows is not hiding the extension, and you are not actually renamig the file UPDATE.PBP.PBP.

Just a thought.

~Rich

5. helpleez

helpleez Member

yeah i've tried both of those..no luck though. its really frustrating because ive gotten this far and now something that seems so simple doesnt work.

6. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

7. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

hey glengaug how did u get that pic of ur xmb