1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP ... PSP Wont Power UP - not a brick

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by Bubkis, Oct 25, 2007.

1. Bubkis

Bubkis Member

I was charging my PSP the other day and went to switch it on and found that it wound power on. The symptoms im getting are:

I get no power light indicators (green or orange) when the battery is removed and the Sony AC adapter is plugged in. It will not power on when plugged in. I get the same when I just have the Battery and no power adapter.

I get a solid orange power light when I plug in the battery and the AC adapter. It still will not power on when plugged in.

I really don't think I have bricked it as I wasn't doing any firmware upgrades and have only been running homebrew via the GTA:LCS workaround. Also, the fact that I dont get any green lights when trying to start it up makes me think it isn't bricked.

I was thinking It was something with the power - so I have disassembled my PSP and testing the continuity on the PSP power & backlight fuse and they all came up good. After reading more posts - I thought maybe my power switch wasn't turning the PSP on so I got a replacement powerboard and installed that but still I get the same issues. I am really unsure where to go from here. It is out of warranty and I don't want to have to pay sony for a replacement. Does anyone have any other ideas or can anyone say they have a brick that has similar symptoms to mine. Any suggestions that people can make would be appreciated.

2. COOLnDRE

COOLnDRE Regular member

first, was it a official sony firmware or Custom firmware?

if it was custom hold R for 5-6 seconds while powering on your psp (without the recharger)just the battery, and if a recovery menu comes up
    then reply back

3. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

Official, he mentioned the GTA exploit :p

4. Bubkis

Bubkis Member

Hi Yes it is an offical firmware - 2.6 i think from memory - its been so long since I did the update. I've tried doing the recovery boot - nothing seems to happen. I have noticed that when I have it plugged in with the battery - Solid Orange Light - the light goes off for a brief second when holding down "R" and powering it on.