1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help putting DVD on SD card

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by jrod81, Mar 12, 2007.

1. jrod81

jrod81 Member

So I am looking at getting a new portable dvd player. I like some of the panasonic models bc they have up to a 10 hour battery life. We are going to Sweden next month so this will be helpful.
    Anyway, I was looking at some of the portable dvd players that have an SD slot. I am just wondering how I go about shrinking a movie and putting it on the SD card... this will save some storage.
    Also, about how many movies can I fit on a 1 gig card?
    thanks in advance for any help

2. colw

colw Active member

You can convert a DVD movie to MP4 format which should play on a SD card. Nero Recode will allow such a conversion. Movie size will be approx 700Mb so unless you have a bigger card, the answer is 1.

3. jrod81

jrod81 Member

Well I do have a 2 gig card but if only 2 movies will fit on there I am not real sure if it is worth it. I might as well just bring the disc itself...
    hmm- kinda let down

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

It also depends on what format the player will read. If it can read DivX for example you could get your movies smaller and still good quality. It really depends on the format the player will read? If it will read the other formats from a disk then it might be even cheaper to stick 5 or 6 movies onto 1 DVD disk thats just another option you could think about.

5. jrod81

jrod81 Member

bbmayo thanks man for the input...
    so could you walk me thru the steps to put 6 movies on one dvd? or can you give me a link to "how to" do it? that would be so helpful and awesome! i assume that means they would have to be in divX format and i would actually need help converting to that as well... sorry for the stupidity!

6. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member