1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP!!! REAL NEW TO THIS

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by NoLimit1, Nov 12, 2004.

1. NoLimit1

NoLimit1 Guest

Hello to all,
    I just got a DVD burner (sony duel layer) and I have no idea how to burn movies from my hard drive to DVD. I usually borrow my movies from SuprNova.org and they are a bit torrant. ANY help would be appreciated. I have the DVD to blank disk down.

2. speed999

speed999 Member

It's a complicated process but once you have the media in mpeg or avi format there are a variety of ways to go from there.

1. If it's mpeg you must "translate" the mpeg1 into mpeg4 which is the only type mpeg that you can "tranlsate" successfully to the .jbo and .vbo's that your DVD player is used to. To do this you need a program like tmpeg or Ulead DVD factory.

2. If it's AVI that you got from suprnova.org then it gets more complicated. You have to split the AVI audio from the video and then use TMPEG to tranlsate the AVI into MPEG4.

3. Once you have an mpeg4 video you can use TMPencDVD to translate to DVD which will leave you with 2 folders one saying AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS.

4. Burn using NERO6 w/ nero vision software and you will have nero express. With Nero Express you can choose the option DVD video.

5. There will usually never be anything in AUDIO_TS but get into VIDEO_TS and put everything into the folder your going to burn the movie for.

3. plywood9

plywood9 Guest

Hello NOLimit1. Welcome to the club. I'm a newbie aswell but>>>>>>>>>> my first advise to you is to Download DVDDECRYPTER and DVDSHRINK these are FREE !!! and great for nebies such as us. you don't need to buy other software these work fine. download these then check out the guides

4. speed999

speed999 Member

You don't have to buy any of the above software I was talking about you can download it all through suprnova.org also DVDshrink and the other software only works on actual DVD's we were talking about mpeg that you download from suprnova.

5. NoLimit1

NoLimit1 Guest

To all,
    Thank you for all of the info. I am SORRY, but I am really lost still. I am more of a step-by-step person. I know that a lot of you guys really don't have time to do this, but if you could show me a site that would, that might help. I guess what I am saying is that I really don't understand some of the jargon on the message boards. I need "DVD burning for really stupid dummies" So if any of you have the time it would be great.
    Thank You
    No Limit

6. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Ply,

You need to read the post. Shrink and Decrpyter will not work ... hence your post is off topic.

7. brobear

brobear Guest

Alcohol120 is the app you need. It handles the bit torrant files with ease. Put the file in the emulator (simulated drive) and you can copy the material as you would a DVD disc.