1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help....Recovery Menu

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by anakafsel, Jan 13, 2007.

1. anakafsel

anakafsel Member

any experts with recMENU?can someone give a nice guide for this please....for fw version 3.03 oe-b!!!
    e.i.cpu speed,when do you need to change it(overclock)??the effect to psp and all

thx

2. johnc1234

johnc1234 Regular member

the recovery menu is basically for bricked psp's. this gives them the option to downgrade their psp back down to 1.5, to do this, you need to have 5 files in the recover folder in x:/psp/game/recovery. the files are decryptprx.prx, EBOOT.PBP, extprxs.pbp, libpsardumper.prx, and the fifth files is the sony 1.50 update file, it should be named update.pbp then put in the folder.

also you can enable noumd mode, which means you can play isos without having to use a umd in the umd drive. to acess this just go on to recovery mode by holding r trigger when you switch your psp on, then you go to configuration>noumd mode and set this to enable

if you need any more help just ask

Last edited: Jan 16, 2007
  3. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

lol my recovery file doesn't have that crap in it, hell i didn't even have one created. so hmm.

according to the directions of 303 oe-a/b all i needed was the 1.5 eboot in the recovery folder and to rename it UPDATE.PBP