1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help regarding flashing.

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by felix100, Jul 30, 2007.

1. felix100

felix100 Regular member

SO i was thinking about flashing my xbox 360 but im pretty much a newbie at these things so i was hoping you guys could help me out alittle. Someone said i need a PCI card, whats that? and someone also said i needed a SATA port, how do i know if i got a SATA port and what is a SATA port? and my last question, is there a risk that my 360 would break if i failed flashing it? Or should i just get a chip?

Any help appreciated.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2007
  2. tspirtle

tspirtle Member

If you have a motherboard that's compatible, then you dont need the PCI card.
    What is PCI?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PCI

What is SATA?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_ATA

To know if you have a SATA port, either 1) Look in the book that came with your computer. Or 2) If you custom built your comp, or know what motherboard you have in your comp, then look that up on Google and it'll tell you.

Yes, there is a chance of breaking the 360. You could brick your DVD drive. It is fixable, though. It would require buying a new DVD drive and installing it. However, your chances of actually bricking the drive is low if you follow the directions exactly.

3. user473

user473 Regular member

first find out if your drive is samsung or hitachi? you can find out by google...once you post back what drive you have i'll be more then happy to help you step by step .... you need different thing deppending on what drive you have