1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help removing things with DVD Rebuilder, please advise!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by clickclak, Apr 12, 2005.

1. clickclak

clickclak Guest

Hi all..

I love using DVD Rebuilder, but I hate how I'm not able to take out certain scenes/warnings/previews/etc like you'd be able to in say DVD Shrink or Nero Recode2.. I was just wondering, after I've DVD Decrypted my original movie to my HDD, what utility can I use to remove scenes and previews and such that I don't want that doesn't involve having to re-encode the entire DVD (I want to use DVD-Rebuilder with CCE SP for that..)

thanks

2. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Here's what I do:

Instead of ripping with DVD Decrypter, I rip with DVD Shrink. I also have AnyDVD running in the background so I don't have to deal with any encryptions. I set DVD Shrink to not compress, and I go and get rid of unwanted audio, subtitles, etc. Then I use DVDRB.

3. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Good advice posted by squizzle although I have noticed that when ripping with dvd shrink set at no compression (I used to use it exclusively for my ripper) the ripped files can still be blurry at times and the background was jumpy. You would think set at no compression it would be an excellent ripper. I tested several backups and isolated the problem to ripping with dvd shrink. Since I use RB/CCE as my primary encoder, am very particular about the quality of my backups, and RB/CCE only encodes the sources prvided to it (in other words if the files ripped to the hdd aren't perfect copies of the original then they won't be perfect when RB/CCE is done), I have switched to dvd decryptor as my ripper w/ anydvd running in the background. Dvdd rips a perfect copy to my hdd, none of the problems as with dvd shrink. After ripping I use dvd remake to remove warning screens, trailers, previews, and other garbage leaving a functional menu with bloopers, deleted scenes, and the making of however I choose.

DVDRebuilder will remove unwanted audio and subtitles. Hope all that makes sense.

Here is a link to DVDRemake. I use it for every backup. http://www.dimadsoft.com/dvdremake/index.php

Last edited: Apr 12, 2005
  4. squizzle

squizzle Active member

That's interesting...I've seen that myself when using DVD Shrink, but I didn't really think about it too much. I'll have to watch out for that.

5. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Ya when I first noticed it I thought it had to be something besides dvd shrink since it was set at no compression and shouldn't be altering the files in any way. I first blamed it on media then dvdremake but when I played the files I had ripped with dvd shrink back on my pc with windvd6 I noticed the problems where there from the start prior to any editing or alterations. Why run a bad sorce file through a top notch set of proggys such as RB/CCE when it won't be any better than what shrink could have done in the first place, ya know.

Useing dvdd, dvdrebuilder, and rb/cce I get perfect backups with a functional menu and only the stuff I want to keep on the backup.

6. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Everyone interested to see DvdReMake in action can download demo version. The only feature disabled in this demo - ability to export modified dvd.

So, this feature is out of the question for the trial version. Will DVD RB be able to get to these files?

7. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

No, since you can't export your modified file to a new folder. I highly recommend it, worth every penny.

8. squizzle

squizzle Active member

maybe some other time. I got other probs right now.....