1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help required on how to copy files from the PC to an unmodded PS2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by n301, Nov 27, 2007.

1. n301

n301 Member

I have downloaded an option file for a PS2 game but I'm not sure what is the correct way to burn that file on a CD or DVD so that it will work on my unmodded PS2 and I can then copy the file from the disc to the memory card.

I have used CDGENPS2 to create an image with the option file and the PS2MENU.ELF file on it but so far when I burn the image on a CD, the PS2 will not recognise the disc.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance for your comments.

Regards,

n301

2. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

you can't use burned discs in an unmodded ps2; it will fail to be read since it's not pressed. modchip is the only way to get burned discs to get read.

if you want to transfer, use a cheating device that has usb support. i personally use action replay max, as it's very easy to use.

3. n301

n301 Member

Hi cee43ja1 and thanks for your reply,

I haven't heard of Action Replay Max before but I looked around online and came across this link that shows how to use Action Replay Max with a USB drive.

http://www.gamehoof.com/2006/06/06/copying-ps2-saved-games-to-pc/

Is this what you do as well with yours or do you use a different way to copy a file from the USB drive to the PS2 memory card properly using Action Replay Max ?