1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP respond quick. I semi bricked!!!

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Propagand, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Propagand

Propagand Regular member

Hi I posted the thread flasher or manual and I did everything the guy said to on my friends and it worked but I tried it on mine and it semi bricked the light comes on and the screen lights up then they both go off. I know this sounds like a full but I can still get into recovery so quick I need answers. and yes I backed up my flash0 but I dont know what to do with the backup!!!

2. Karatekun

Karatekun Member

Go into recovery mode, enable flash0 usb, and connect your PSP to your computer. Go to the removeable drive (probably E: or F:), and replace the flash0 there.

3. Propagand

Propagand Regular member

NVM I figured it out thanx. But i did everything it said and it semi bricked! I think it was the top_menu plug in thing tho im not gunna try again tho.

4. pspmoder

pspmoder Member

wat is your firmware. when i tried out the m33 i had some problems with the xmb icons and stuff. but sometimes the thing you use is made specifically for a certain firmware

5. Propagand

Propagand Regular member

3.40OE-A...my friend is on 3.03OE-C and his is fine. mine is the one that semi bricked. and the funny part is I did his first as the guinea pig and mine as the real one. but mine ended up almost bricking...unfair!!

6. pspmoder

pspmoder Member

they thing that probably happened was watever you changeed was only compatible with 3.03 oe-c. thats my best guess according to wat i know

7. btjl90

btjl90 Regular member

u got to read the instructions carefully! some themes that work on 3.03 does not work on 3.40 ---> hence causing ur semi brick!

8. Propagand

Propagand Regular member

Sorry I forgot to tell you that I used 2 different themes. I know all about that the theme works for the firmware. And mine was a 3.40 theme and it semi bricked. I dont know what happened. and the crazy part is that it restarted fine but I couldnt see the wallpaper so I restarted it and it wouldnt turn back on. The green light came on and the screen lit up then turned off. All the characteristics of a full but I could enter recovery.

9. pspmoder

pspmoder Member

well as long as you got urs fixed its good. ive bricked a psp using custom icons. i was adjusting it and the power went out and my psp glithced or something(i think my comp caused it) and it truned off. the full report was that the flash0 contents were all gone. and i couldnt get into recovery. so be careful whenever changing themes and stuff.

if you dont want to have to connect the psp top your computer every time i recommend pspwardrobe. a very good xmb flasher.

10. Propagand

Propagand Regular member

Wait if CXMBs are the easy way of changing theme then why doesnt everybody do it?

11. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

Because not everyone knows about it...either they dont want to hassle with changing themes, or are too lazy to look it up...I am guessing the latter for most people....

12. Propagand

Propagand Regular member

I'm using one like you said or something im confused....talking in 2 threads can do that lol. Im using it and it feels like I cheated. Im not happy with it but I dont wanna semi brick mine again cuz this time it might not turn out so good