1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP! Serious Problem with XP Media Center 2005

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by FloMexico, Jan 26, 2007.

1. FloMexico

FloMexico Member

Exactly one week ago, everything worked fine. No problems.... it was beautiful. But one day I come home and notice that McAfee has been turned off. No big deal right? I double click it to turn it back on. The window pops up but it's completely blank. absolutely nothing there.

I'm a bit worried about it at this point, so I hop on the internet to look for solutions. While I'm doing that, I decide I wanna jam. So I double click on Windows Media Player. Nothing happens. I waited a minute and tried again. Nothing happens. The cursor doesn't show loading for .0001 of a second.

Now that scared the hell out of me. I'm thinking virus, but with McAfee down and out, how can I scan. I download AVG, and the virus scan is clean.

....Now, how about system restore? Doesn't work. Same thing as windows media player. Hit it all day, and it still ain't gonna show up.

So, any ideas? I'm willing to try anything. Well, anything that's rational to some extent. If you need more info like computer specs, one of those HiJack This loggy thingies. Lemme know. But this really sucks..... HELP

2. 21Q

21Q Regular member

this happened to me, Twice, the first time after I while I reinstalled my os, the second time I didn't care, I came back. I know that problem comes from a windows update or the .net framework, are you using a laptop?

3. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

just do a system restore to the day before things went wrong and everything should return to normal

4. 21Q

21Q Regular member

for some reason that made it worse for me