1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP SETTING UP MY DM500C

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by Colossus1, Jan 25, 2007.

1. Colossus1

Colossus1 Member

A desperate plea for help setting it up.

I received it and donloaded Dreamupexe which I used to put Gemini and XML cable document (Bruteforce). I have transponder scanned on a number of occasions. Sometimes it find a transponder and others not. When it does and I do a full channel services scanned search, it finds no channels. Am I missing something here.

Help pleae.

2. zappp64

zappp64 Regular member

check your signal strenght, as you may have issues here. not sure how to do it on a dremabox

3. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

Install your Gemini image (available from UMP file center,google it) using Dreamup or Flashwizard (if you already have network setup)
    Setup your network as normal, this will give you access to your PC and the internet.
    Goto menu/setup/blue panel/addons/download&install/cams/ - download Evocamd 2.12
    Goto menu/setup/blue panel/addons/download&install/camsconfig/ - download Evocamd config
    Goto menu/setup/blue panel/ - change camd to Evocamd 2.12 (at the top of the page,scroll left)
    FTP into your DB
    Copy cables.xml to \var\tuxbox\config\
    Copy services to \var\tuxbox\config\enigma\
    Copy autoupdate.key to \var\keys
    Copy nagra roms to \var\scce (keys/roms available if you search/ask or from another image)
    Goto/menu/setup/service scanning/ - select your provider CableUK Sym6952/ Sym6887 or bruteforce and start scan.
    Once finished reboot DB.
    Goto menu/setup/bluepanel/ - restart cam
    Goto a scrambled channel and wait for keys to update.(takes a few mins)
    Use DreamBouquetter to organise yor channels.

4. Colossus1

Colossus1 Member

Fekker - sounds good and I wil try it. Wil this sort out the problems I have with my transpnder scan not picking up any channels. At present, the box is not connected to the net. I have a laptop on a router and I have rs232 lead into the box to transfer files. Does this box actually need a permanent internet connection or can I simply use an ethernet lead to come out of laptop into the box to access network. Have you got an email or msn where I can contact you (thats if you are happy for me to bother you temporarily mate) Thank you.

5. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

6. Colossus1

Colossus1 Member

Cheers - Is here a fee for that file?

7. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

Choose FREE and wait on a download ticket.