1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help...Slim PS2 v12 not recognizing any CD/DVD

Discussion in 'PS2' started by tosh1980, Mar 14, 2005.

1. tosh1980

tosh1980 Member

My V12 slimline PS2 has stopped recognizing any DVD/CD. It simply goes to the browser screen on booting.

It was working fine until a few days back. Then I tried to use DVD Region X for playing DVDs. Not only did this not work, since then my PS2 has stopped reading all discs.

Is something wrong with the laser? What can I do about this. I hope I don't have to change the lens. It never appeared to give any problems until now.

2. pretense

pretense Regular member

The symptoms don't sound good, that's for sure. Even original games don't work, right? And what's your model number with date code (located on the bottom label)?

Your best bet, if your PStwo isn't modded, is to simply return the console to Sony per their limited warranty instructions in the manual. I believe you'll have to call some 800 number to contact them. This should work out well because I've heard Sony has extended their 1-year warranty to all v12s (even though the initial shipments were only on 90-day warranty)... plus, they'll probably replace your faulty console with a brand spanking-new model ;)

3. pretense

pretense Regular member

If you're in the US, you'll have to call 1-800-345-7669 to receive instructions on where to return your faulty PS2, according to the limited warranty page in the manual.

4. tosh1980

tosh1980 Member

My model number is SCPH 70003 purchased in UK. And I have got this modded with an Matrix Infinity 1.38 modchip so I suppose the warranty is voided. Any idea what could be wrong? Is it not something that could be easily corrected?

5. angry78

angry78 Guest

i bet its the laser, they have been going out in the ver. 12, i believe that after a certain mfg. date that the problem has been corrected