1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help, softmod, xbox live

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by careyt, Apr 19, 2007.

1. careyt

careyt Guest

Hey there, i just installed my softmod, then i booted up my xbox with the halo 2 disc and i then click to exit halo 2, as it tries to update my dash, it has an error or something, any help would be greatly appreciated

:/

2. xxteakxx

xxteakxx Regular member

Could this error possibly be the number 21?

3. janrocks

janrocks Guest

It sounds very much like it.. Somebody has tried to run modded on live, and the halo 2 softmod fix has caught them out.. Let the update finish, then boot the softmod installer again. Select restore. The mistake is panicking and stopping the update happening, and why all iso's of halo 2 have update.xbe removed or disabled.

4. careyt

careyt Guest

ya but dude, the update wont finish, it fails! no error code just the green update bar doesnt go all the way and it says update failed, disc may be dirty or damaged, but i tried other games and the same error happens

5. Shriuikan

Shriuikan Member

Yeah, this happened to me too. I REALLY didn't want to get banned, so I flipped out and hopped over to my Xbox and turned it off. Good thing I had an MS backup.

Not to hijack the thread, but is there anyway for me to NOT be assaulted by the softmod fix? Do I have to get a Halo 2 .iso with the update feature wiped out? I can't seem to copy it to my HDD and do it manually.

6. cakes227

cakes227 Guest

yea dude same exact thing happened to me and then i go to the trubleshooter and it says i cant be connected because my software or hardware has been modiffied, i think i heard somewhere your xbox can be permanatley banned from xbl that might be it.