1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Solve The Confusion

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by mpb85, Oct 26, 2004.

1. mpb85

mpb85 Member

Right so ive been reading these forums and kinda still dont know what is going on, maybe im retarded. anyway i want to play some of my backup ps2 games, but am looking for cheap and non soldering methods.

i would like to not use a hdd(pressed for money). so the conclusion i have drawn is that if i get the Swap Magic 3.2v and a flip lid, i can play my backup ps2 games. i dont care about backup dvd(movies, not games). it seemed that, thats where alot of problems occur.so:

With a (will post version tomorrow)PS2, only wanting to play original and backup games, can do that with no hdd, only Swap Magic and a Flip lid(ignoring any backup software to preform previously stated tasks).

and what would be the best media(ive noticed that dvd-r@2x seems to be standard)

Last edited: Oct 26, 2004
  2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

with the swapmagic discs cd ver3.2 avd dvd ver2.0 and the flip top you can play orignal import games and backup games, but would recomend you download your self a copy of either cd or dvd loader as you will need this to help swapmagic load problem games, you won't need any other hardware, for a list of problem games check out http://www.swapmagicfix.com

3. mpb85

mpb85 Member

ok so i am ordering swap magic 3.2 and flip lid, thnx a lot.

for the cd/dvd loader, do i just download them from that site burn the iso, then do:

Swap Magic>Problem loader(for game x)>Then game x

and to make backups just use dvd-r@2x

4. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

swapmagic cd>cdloader>swapmagic dvd>backup, there is also burning instructions and loading instructions on that site, the rest you said should be fine