1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help, some isos wont show up!!

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by pkizzz, Jul 4, 2007.

1. pkizzz

pkizzz Member

Hi.

I have 3.40 OE-A installed, and most of the isos I try putting on the stick don't show up. I have tried everything. Every option in recovery. Formatting through PSP, formatting from windows, formatting from CMD with FAT and FAT32, but I have no luck. It's still the same.

I know for sure that the iso are not corrupt, because I have played them on my friends PSP. I have tried to enable ''use no UMD'' put a UMD game inside, and the oppsite, but some certain isos wont show up in the menu.

What should I do, I got my PSP a week ago and I'm new to the PSP ''hacking'', so I need some help.............

2. vinny13

vinny13 Guest

Which games/ISOs?

3. Boib

Boib Guest

Did you put them in the ISO folder in the root of the memory stick?

4. lodi80

lodi80 Member

i have the same problem with my psp i put them into the iso folder and they say corrupted when i go to them in psp.

5. pkizzz

pkizzz Member

The games that show up in the menu and worked where FFI, FF2, wipeout pure, and some others.

Games that didn't show up in the menu, NBA street showdown, tekken dark, and some others.

Daxter shows up some times....

Of course I have put them in the ISO folder in the root of the memstick.

And lodi80, we don't have exactly the same problem, you get corrupted icons, I don't even get that lol...

6. drakex

drakex Regular member

where did you get the memory stick from? make sure to test it and see if it is not a fake one.

7. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

@pkizzz-I had that same problem you are having right now..games not showing up in the menu, but taking up space on my (what I found out was fake) memstick...To check yours-go to the memory stick icon under the game icon in PSP menu-hit triangle-hit X for the information about your memstick-you will see capacity,free space, and MagicGate...if yours says "unknown" or "unsupported" for MagicGate-you have a fake..

8. drakex

drakex Regular member

Mine is fake as well, wanna guess why? Its the double memory extender... its a device that goes into the Memory stick port, it attaches itself to the back of the psp and then you can insert 2 SD cards that will work mostly like a RAID 0 from a PC, its says unsupported, but of course its not a valid Memory stick pro... anyways I said the same about fake, i bought 2 mem sticks before mine and they were fakes, they did the same thing, not showing games, not loading games, not saving games, showing a lot of corrupted files, so pretty much... its a fake.

9. pkizzz

pkizzz Member

I have tried to check if the memstick is fake before, but when I press triangle, and then X for info, I can not see supported or unsupported or magic gate at all. I see nothing, exept user capacity and free space. So it might be fake?

Even so I know people who have exacly the same memstick, and they bought it on the same place, they are not having problems with it. I also see that other people on the internett are having problems with fake sticks....

And I also have another sandisk 512 memstick, and it shows the same info in the PSP, but I really think this one is real... And it also shows up the same games that the 4gb stick does, and don't show up the same games, that are under then 500mb...

So what should I do? Will it help to reflash my PSP with 3.40 OE-A or maybe another firmware??

10. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

If its blank, that also means you have a fake memstick...The only thing it should say is "supported"-Some fakes are hit or miss...I have seen them work well, and others not so much..But save yourself the trouble in the future and stop buying your memory from eBay-
    As far as re-flashing, thats not necessary..This is not an issue that has anything to do with your flash files...You just need to get a good memory stick, and your problems are solved.

11. pkizzz

pkizzz Member

Yo dEEz_nUtz,

I just tried with an original sandisc memorystick, it sais MagicGate Supported, so it is original. And the isos still didn't show up in the menu. I also tried to reflash the FW, but it is still the same...

Is my PSP fucked up or am I doing something wrong?

12. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

the only other thing I can suggest is restoring the default settings from your PSP menu-then format the memstick one more time to create the right folders for you...and then drop the iso's in-It doesn't sound like you are doing anything wrong-and the things that you are doing should have solved your issue..I know I was having the exact same problems as you, and getting a 4GB sandisk took care of that.