1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help ! Some Major problems here ! Help is appreciated

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Duvelken, Jan 28, 2005.

1. Duvelken

Duvelken Guest

Hello i'm new to this forum hi ya'all !

I have bought myself a DVD writer, which i have installed to backup my PS2 games ... that works like a charm; that ain't the problem :)

In order to play back up games i bought myself a Magic swap disc and the slide card; however i cannot get the damn thing to work ! Can anyone help ? Here are the problems i have :

1) When trying to copy a ps2 game with a DNAS id for playing online; its one hell of a job to write this game. Now i downloaded Disk id insertor that one needs to put the id of the game in the copied game .... well it don't work for starters. I downloaded three versions on it and a website said i needed to double click on the disk_id.exe so i did; all the time an error comes up ... so i'm stuck there ! cannot get past this important step to write a backup game ...

2) The site said i had to put the disk id utility to get the DNAS id from my playstation game on a CD, which i did perfectly with alcohol 120 as explained on the site. It said i had to load it into my playstation, without further explanation ... well i did ... didn't get the screens with the id; wouldn't even load ! What to do ? So i couldn't get the number id either ....

3) So then i downloaded a HDD disk id utility or something which gave me a 10 number code; i dno if its the right code but i figure its the id i need ? Or isn't it ? So i have a code ... dno if its the right one ... but i cannot get my disk id insertor to work ...

4) so i burnt another game without online play so without having to worry for the DNAS thing ;. Auto modellista ... i burned it, i wanted to burn the ISO file but dvd decrypter said it needed the MDS file and it automatically burnt that .. Is that right ? My disk looks fully written though but i dno if it'll work

5) So here comes the main thing as well: for the slide card i had to take of the front panel of the tray; of course .. it broke off ! I inserted the swap magic disk and it was supposed to say insert disk ... says no such thing .. only when i open the tray it says insert TOC disk or something .. what the heck is TOC ? I then tried to use the slide card ... pretty damn annoying to apply but of course ... couldn't get it to work either ... instructions said it had to click, hook onto something inside the ps2 tray; didn't get it to do that ... i think one time i succeeded but then i had to pull to the lft which i did ... then said to press x on controller and i'm ready to play .. uhm no ... nothing happened .. my 2 controllers didn't even work at that time as the screen didn't move at all when pressing something

If anyone could help with a very very very detailed explanation of how to make all of this work i would greatly appreciate it .. furthermore the first one to be able to make me get it right and play online DNAS games will get a reward ;-) ain't gonna say what yet but it'll be nice.

Thanks in advance

2. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

1. What error comes up?

2. I haven't tried doing this myself yet, but after you burn the 'disc ID utility', i believe you have to load it with SwapMagic to get it to work.

3. I wouldn't think this is correct. But, someone else can confirm this.

4. Yes, you choose the mds file, it kind of instructs how to burn the .iso image file.

5. What version of SwapMagic do you have? TOC is referring to an original game with a big Table of Contents such as the GTA games and many others. There should be a list of these somewhere.
    To originally locate the small white peg, i recommend very good lighting directly into the front of your ps2 drive and look for the little white peg. It is almost in the middle of the tray, about 1" or so in. Once located, you must get it all the way to the far right, and pull open your tray manually, swap discs, push the tray back in, and finally get the peg back over to it's original location.

3. Duvelken

Duvelken Guest

1) something about not finding a missing .cor file or something like that

2) yeah i know but i have no clue what they mean with that or how to do it

3) darn :)

4) oh ok no worries then

5) version 3.3

Also. .. i don't plan on playing online ... can i burn a ps2 online game and still play it ? Without having to bother with that DNAS crap and all :) ?

4. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

Yes, you only need to patch the games to play them online.
    You can read/write the .iso as is and still play it with no online.