1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP!!! some psp ISO is not working

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by rigan021, Jun 28, 2007.

1. rigan021

rigan021 Member

okey, here is the deal.. i have a psp version 3.40m OE and some psp games like Monster hunter freedom and other titles is not working, they didnt either worked wehen i had v3.03 OE-C but the freaky thing is that other games work, not all games, but i've had luck with some games... its like 2/10 games work... i thought it was something wrong with the PC or something, but its the same on other PCs i've tried on to... so whats the problem?? Pls HELP!!!!!!!!!!

2. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

could just be a bad iso rip...Its not uncommon for some games to be flaky like that.

3. rigan021

rigan021 Member

yes maybe.. but the thing is that i downloaded over 15 games and none of them works, and some games that worked before dont work now either!!!
    soo, what should i do??

4. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

Try formatting your memory stick from the psp menu so it creates the correct folders for you. Drop your iso's in the ISO folder in the root of your memory stick. Make sure you have a game UMD in the slot, it can be a demo as well-but UMD movies dont work.

As far as the games that dont work, are you able to see them in the menu? DO they just go to a black screen when you start them? That usually means a bad iso if it just freezes up your PSP.

I have found that alot of games dont work well together, but if I load one game at a time on my memory stick, then they work fine. You could try that also, and then experiment with the games that do work to see if you can maybe load more than one at a time. Its alot or trial and error.

5. piqla

piqla Guest

Try to set your cpu to a higher level (222, 266, etc.) Maybe it's the solution.

6. rigan021

rigan021 Member

yes, i've tried practicly EVERYTHING... but it just wont work... does the games work better on v1.50?? b-cause i'm thinking about downgrading so that maybe i could play ONE single game... (thanx 4 the help btw :D)

7. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

another thing you may want to check is your memory stick itself-If you have a fake one, that causes that problem of games not loading properly..I happen to have a fake 2GB, and was having the same troubles as you....Now I have a 4GB sandisk and I have 9 iso's and two emulators, and they all work fine...

To check your memory stick-scroll over to the memory stick icon in the PSP menu, hit triangle so you get the information bar,hit X,-it will show your capacity, free space, and whether or not its MagicGate supported...if it says "unknown" or "unsupported"-you have a fake memstick.

As far as the games working on 1.5FW-you would need to use devhook to load your games, and I think the highest firmware it emulates is 3.11-anything that requires higher than 3.11 wont work. And devhook is a pain in the ass...

I would try having a look at your memory stick, also you could reflash your 3.40OE, you may have a corrupt file somewhere..You would need to use the 1.5 recovery, to get you back to 1.5-then you can re-flash to 3.40OE-

8. moon1990

moon1990 Member

i have a 4gb memory stick and the psp says that magicgate is unknown.does this mean that the ms is fake?but what about the games,all the isos which i have d0ownloaded work perfectly well.even ratchet and clank and metal gear solid,the 2 games which a lot of people complain about.even though its fake,i am happy with it cuz it plays every game.

9. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

and thats the problem with fake memory sticks-some work, some not so much..The fake one I have would play all the games, even ratchet and clank-but if I grouped them with certain other games, they wouldnt work at all, even though those same games would work fine by themselves..I have solved that problem now by getting a good one..

@moon1990 are you able to get multiple games on your memory stick without problems? Or can you just load one or two at a time? I mean if it works for you, then by all means go for it! But your memstick should either say "supported" or "yes" for the MagicGate.

10. rigan021

rigan021 Member

my psp MemStick, i have a 1GB and its a real one but still my psp wont act right, its a real pain that i cant never work as i expect it to..
    more help needed!!!

11. rigan021

rigan021 Member

my memstick is a real one, not a fake. but the problem still remain the same. it cant be nothing wrong with the ISO file b-cause i've downloaded other ISO of the same game and they still wont work. what should i do next?

12. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

only other thing I can suggest is to go into your psp menu under system settings, and "restore default settings"--If you have a good memory stick, and you pretty sure the games you downloaded work, then it should work fine for you...

Have you tried the games on a different psp?

Have you used the 1.5 recovery and reflashed your firmware yet, and still doesnt work?

13. rigan021

rigan021 Member

okey i will try that....i dont have any other psp to try the games on so i dont know about that, but i have a friend with a psp v3.40 and he hasnt any problems :S

14. Wakash

Wakash Member

i had the same problems, i went into advanced configuration mode and disable excute umd/iso, it worked for me, try this if anyone needs it

15. rigan021

rigan021 Member

i have allready tried that and it still wont work...

16. Wakash

Wakash Member

have you disabled all three of them

17. rigan021

rigan021 Member

yes they are disabled, like they where from the start (before u do anything with em)

18. rigan021

rigan021 Member

i've tried all the things mentioned here and else where i've red but still my psp wont function normal.

should there be any problems with ISO games with a bigger seze, like 800mb or so?? b-cause it seems like they are the one not working good, besides that i once tried out Prince of Persia with 900 mb and it worked almost fine ( i didnt get a black screen) .....i'm confused :S:S:S

19. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

The size of the games shouldn't matter-Your problem might lie with your memory stick-You said you have a 1GB? If you are trying to put big games on there like that, they are probably not going to work...Have you tried cso's? or an iso that is only about 300-400MB? Have you tested these iso's you do have on another PSP? Are you sure they even work?

20. Fran989

Fran989 Member

well i think i know what the problem is, but i think you must have already tried it, havent had any problems with this since i disabled the NO-UMD mode and put any game umd in the umd drive.