1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

!Help! Splinter Cell Chaos Theory !Help!

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by DarkMatt, Apr 4, 2005.

1. DarkMatt

DarkMatt Member

I just recently bought chaos theory but i have a problem with it for some reason i cant seem to get my cd rom drive to read it, its like the computer doesnt know there is a disk i have tryed many ways to get it to read it but some reason it wont work. I have put in other CDS and the computer has read it, if anyone knows how to fix this problem or knows of any patches for the game or driver that i can download it would be great Email me at DarkDon007@Yahoo.Com

Thanks!!!

2. VenomLugz

VenomLugz Member

3. DarkMatt

DarkMatt Member

Hey it strated to help but then i had to save the patches to my desktop and it wouldnt let me open the files unless i downloaded a program that could read it but i couldnt do that because you had to purchase that program. is there a different way to get the patches or did i do something wrong?

4. VenomLugz

VenomLugz Member

5. dragpnP

dragpnP Member

The problem is splinter cell chaos theory is a DVD rom you said in your post that your CD rom drive not DVD rom drive this might be the case not sure.

6. DarkMatt

DarkMatt Member

hey thanks but there still a problem i downloaded that program but i dont know how to use it so if u know how can u replay back and tell me? i am so sorry for the inconvenice but dude i dont know what to do

7. mrboondy

mrboondy Member

I have a Mars II chip, I've tried burning SC:CT the regular way,
    rebuilding the game and patching the iso. Still no luck.
    I'm using TDK DVD-R 8x but burn with a slower speed.
    Any help would be really appreciated.

8. sirwesley

sirwesley Member

So i just ripped Splinter Cell Chaos Theory to my Xbox, that is I copied from Game to Computer, then Computer to Xbox HD. When i go to load the game from the Evox menu, it never loads. When i click on Splinter Cell, it goes to the typical Evox splash screen, but then never loads the game from there. I have also removed the update.xbe files, still same problem. Did i rip from a bad disk?

9. faustx

faustx Member

u bought a copied game and it dint work ? LOL serves u right :p
    and why would he go to a ps2 site if its a pc game like he sez...

Last edited: Apr 18, 2005
  10. steimy

steimy Active member

I backed up Chaos Theory with DVD Decrypter and had no problems. tested it on my V7 with Swap Magic 3.3. It is the NTSC version. I didn't have to patch it or anything. I know you do have to patch it for online or co-op mode to work. But i can just play it on my slim with DMS4 Pro if i want to use those and it should work without having to patch it.

11. sirenzero

sirenzero Guest

i backed up splinter cell with dvd-decrypter and burned it with alcohol 120% no problem, no patches needed, though you would obviously need one for online play, and co-op levels are 20 seconds long so they arent too exciting for me anyway hehe

12. dynius1

dynius1 Member

I have the exact problem as Matt. My fully updated DVD-R/RW does not recognize Chaos Theory and many other DVD ROMS. I have been through hundreds of forums and discussion boards but to no avail. Ive also contacted UBISOFT the manufacturer of SC:CT and they tell me its a software conflict issue. Try disabling anti-virus programs, ridding of your burning capabilities and updating everything about your PC. A Pile of rubbish it would seem. Downloading dodgy PS2 files?? i dont understand how this works myself. Only recently have i seen many people with this problem. Ive also heard of protection software on the DVD called starforce, which cannot be bypassed as far as i know. Starforce trys to block people with RW capabilities so as to preseve copyrights. If anyone has any comments to add, or any new information regarding this issue it would be great if you could reply. I mean its pretty poor you have to go through this to get a game working.
    Cheers lads!

13. DarkMatt

DarkMatt Member

Hey i know this might sound bad if anyone ever reads this agian but i now know how to fix the problem to Chaos Theory! LOL LOL I myself bought a new computer. If you have ever played this game you will know that it takes 512 RAM, amd 4GB of hard drive... I will say that the game is one of the best games i have ever encountered for PC, but having to buy a new computer was not on a my agenda. (I also didnt like the fact that the game only came with one disk! all the others came with like four or five? WTF!?!)
    -Matt