1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP!! Swap Magic DVD 2.0 or CD 3.3??

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by nofius, Dec 2, 2004.

1. nofius

nofius Member

Hi all, Im new to this forum (actually started 2 post but no one replied) and I just bought a pre-modded PSTwo. However reading from all the posts from you guys these few days Im getting scared of the mod chip day by day. Im deciding to buy a new PSTwo and invest in the disc swapping method.(looking for duct tapes and all) I know that there is a DVD v2.0 and a CD v3.3 out, which one do I need? Are there any other loader disc I need? Pls help a newbie out. Thanks!

2. Drifty

Drifty Member

AFAIK swap disc/slide tool wont work on the NEW (Slimline) PS2 mate...

and a good chip is way better than any swap disks,.. what chip u got?

3. nofius

nofius Member

Oh then you must read a post from hiredgoon, he had a very detailed step by step guide to make the PSTwo to work with swapping. Anyways, I have the Infinity chip in it. Thanks for the reply tho! My first reply on this forum! lol

i will find out the link to hiredgoon's post and put it up later

4. nofius

nofius Member

5. nofius

nofius Member

Hey man which chip(s) are considered as good chip?

6. fcasillo

fcasillo Guest

I have been using a slide tool with swap disks for some time now. However, my nephew recently trashed my ps2. I went and bought a replacement and got the slimline model by accident. I thought that the swap disks wouldn't work. After reading a few posts in other groups, I decide to open the case and try it. The swap disks work Great. All you have to do is tape down a couple of micro-switches. Stay away from super glue. I recommend using a very small piece of double-backed tape (the kind that is made from foam, Ithink they call it "mounting tape") for the back switch. For the front switch try slicing a thin ribbon of tape (any kind) and wrapping it completely around the switch vertically. This way the tape sticks to itself and won't loosen. Swapping games is actually much easier with the slimline model because you no longer need the slide tool, just the discs. BTW-- The swap discs usually come as a set. I personally have no use for the cd because almost all new games are on dvd anyway.

7. nofius

nofius Member

thx for the reply fcasillo so what i understand from ur post is that if i play DVD games i load up with the DVD disc and if i play CD games i load up with the CD disc? btw one more question (sorry i know im asking a lot) is 2.0 the most updated version for the DVD disc version? thx a bunch guys

8. fcasillo

fcasillo Guest

You are correct. dvd with dvd disk, and cd with cd disk. I have 2.0 and it works fine, i think it is the newest ver. I must warn you that I've been told that the cd boot disk won't work at all with the slimline. (I'm not concerned because all of the backups i've been playing recently are dvd). They say that there is a new cd ver. that will work though.
    You can't post websites in here. But if you were to google search for "linker + gba + ps2" you may be interested in the first sponsered link on the far right. If you order anything, be sure to get the US ver.

9. nofius

nofius Member

thx a lot man :)