1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help swaping drives please

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by pkdorx3, Nov 14, 2007.

1. pkdorx3

pkdorx3 Member

I have 2 360's A white premium with a flashed hitachi 47 and I just got a elite with the dreaded 79FL non flashed. I would rather have the Elite flashed and the white one un-flashed, Although Im not a newb at flashing I am not so experienced on soldering (a bit rusty now)
    I would rather not go through the hassle of doing the whole Passkey thingy on the 79FL, and I am also aware that I need the key from a original Drive to swap for a new one (if it brakes).

But in my case both drive work its just that one is modded and one is not, I still need the key from the original drive that came with the 360 before swapping them as both drives are in working condition?

So my question I guess is do I need to swap/flash the original key from the 47 to the 79FL before swapping the drive from console (are the keys in the drive linked to the consoles them selves?) or can I jst swap both drives with out needing to flash the 79FL? NOTE that both drive work fine I would just rather have the elite modded and the Premium as BKP just in case

I also understand that If I need to flash the 79FL with he original FW Key from the 47 It would defeat the whole purpose and I might as well just restore the 47's original Key, buy the Passkey and just flash the 79FL on the elite without having to swap the drives them selves. But Flashing the 79FL is what I hope I can skip. Thanks for the help before hand.

2. pkdorx3

pkdorx3 Member

no body? any body?

3. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

uhhhh..i think i would save myself the trouble and swap the cases...
    but thats to easy.

4. pkdorx3

pkdorx3 Member

the reason is the HDMI, and I mostly play bkps and would rather do it with he elite cause of the HDMI, but I keep would be keeping the premium just in case the ban hammer comes swinging my way although I don't play bkps on line but I rather be safe

Last edited: Nov 15, 2007