1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Sys-linking Brute force please

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by skew, Feb 10, 2007.

1. skew

skew Member

Hey guys I'm having a dickens of a time getting Brute force to system link on two softmod/HDD upgraded XB's
    First off I CAN system link all of my other games on these same two Xboxes(I use crossover cable to directly connect both and I haven't experienced problems with any other games)
    I have the game installed on both boxes (from the same disc)
    But when I go to the link screen on my first XB it says "no games were found" even tho' Im hostin on the other XB?
    Its obviously finding the link itself, because otherwise I'd get the "No link found plese check network cable" screen.
    so it finds the link but not the hosted game?

someone here thought patching the .XBE could fix this so i tried this(with quix) I patched them both (well really patched it once and copied it to both XB's) Is this right?
    anyway it still wont work.
    Thnx in addvance guys

EDIT: sorry but I forgot ot mention, when I patched the .XBE it spit out a patched .XBE and a .BAK file
    what is the .BAK?
    I didn't copy it to the xbox with the patched .XBE, Should I have?
    Thnx again!

Last edited: Feb 10, 2007
  2. skew

skew Member

Oh yeah another thing I thought of was that when FuZ3 was talking about patching the xbe
    he said to use QUIX 101 from the auto installer suite.
    now i assume that thats the same quix that I have but mine's not called "quix 101" just "quix"
    I didn't install the softmod/HDD myself so I dont have the auto installer, I just downloaded quix(I think from a link here) so I could batch FTP .ISO's to my XB running avalaunch.
    I guess what Im trying to ask is their more then one version of quix?