1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help the newbie

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bazaval25, Aug 16, 2004.

1. bazaval25

bazaval25 Guest

the dvd decrypter ripped the movie, which is a backup, ok, but when it came to copying it to dvd-r blank, i got error msg :
    device io control
    device:1:1:0 _nec_dvd_rw nd_1300a 1.05
    fsctl_lock_volume
    unable to lock
    volume for eclusive access
    access denied
    2nd error msg:
    check condition
    cannot write medium
    incompatible format

what should i do ?

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Hi,

It looks like there's another program accessing the drive and preventing DVD Decrypter from gaining the exclusive access it needs before it can burn.

The common culprits are packet writing apps such as InCD, DLA and Drag to Disc since they always keep access to the drive as part of the way they work. If you have any of these you can A) uninstall it if you never use it or B) shut it down through task manager if you need to keep it on your system.

If you don't have any of these or the suggestions don't work it may be Windows IMAPI burning engine causing the problem which you can disable through Administrative Tools > Services.

The second error message indicates that your drive doesn't like the media you're using. This can be caused by an out of date firmware (yours is six revisions behind) or low quality media.

Here's a link to get the latest firmware for your drive:

http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_firmware.php?download_id=1517

What brand/type media have you been using?
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    "And there we saw the giants ... And we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight." Numbers 13:33[/small]

Last edited: Aug 16, 2004
  3. bazaval25

bazaval25 Guest

thank you for the help, the drag to disc was running and causing different stuff happening, i closed it and it works grrrrrrreat!

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Cool beans :)